Thread: having groceries delivered?

Post Thanks / Like
    any place that can do this to a disney resort? I dont fancy doing a grocery stop on the way to the resort but would like some things for the room especially water

Post Thanks / Like
    There are two that I know of:

wegoshop.com and
    gardengrocer.com.

They operate a bit differently, and are priced differently. You can check their websites for specifics.

In general:

At wegoshop.com, you specify items by brand name and size (UPC codes are helpful if it's an unusual item) and they shop just as you would. There is a shopping fee and gratuity added to the cost.

At gardengrocer.com, they have a standardized list. You also can request other items. I don't remember how they charge the fee--it might be a percent of the total purchase.

Both will purchase perishables as well as staples and WDW bell/luggage services will have the perishables refrigerated if you are not at the resort at the time of delivery.

If you need delivery at a very popular time (holiday weekends, for example), be sure to order well in advance to confirm your specified delivery date.

Post Thanks / Like
    www.gardengrocer.com

www.wegoshop.com

There might be others but I know those do deliver to WDW. I haven't used any of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    gardengrocer.com is the one that we are going to use this trip. I have never ordered like this either but we are staying at the cabins and won't have a car this time. If you order more that $200 the delivery fee is free. I believe if it is under $200 then it is a flat fee of $15. I am ok with that because I think we will hit the limit with 6 very different people in the same cabin. But if we don't $15 is much less than a cab fee and it saves me time so I don't have to shop. I will let you know how it goes in a few weeks.

1997- All Star Sports
    1998- Universal Studios
    1999- Renaissance Orlando Resort SeaWorld
    2000- Port Orleans
    2003- Pop Century
    2004- Days Inn International Drive
    2006- Give Kids The World
    2007- Cornado Springs
    2008- Disney Wonder
    2008- Fort Wilderness Cabins

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll really be interested in learning how it went. I look forward to your critique of the service, and the quality of the food that you recieve.
    Life is fragile. Each day really does matter. Live, live, live! Remember to love and let love, too.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    If you could write us a small review of the service that would be awesome. :wink:

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure.... hopefully it will be a good review. I am a little nervous about it. I am going with disney first timers so I want everything to go smoothly. We will place our order this week so I will keep you posted on how easy or helpful they are.

1997- All Star Sports
    1998- Universal Studios
    1999- Renaissance Orlando Resort SeaWorld
    2000- Port Orleans
    2003- Pop Century
    2004- Days Inn International Drive
    2006- Give Kids The World
    2007- Cornado Springs
    2008- Disney Wonder
    2008- Fort Wilderness Cabins