Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Dining Returns

Post Thanks / Like
    for you that are going to Disney 9/28 through 12/20 . Disney Visa Cardholders will be offered free dining tomorrow . It seems like it will be the same offer I received ; Now I'm thinking and this is just a thought that after it is released to Disney Visa Cardholders , it should be released to the general public . I told my TA, it seems to be the same offer I was sent . Look for details tomorrow :D
    Methinks Disney is feeling the crunch .

This is the deal I was sent via an email postcard

Buy this Disney Vacation package and enjoy hotel, Theme Park tickets and FREE Disney Dining Plan!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4-Night/5-Day package
    at select Disney Value Resorts
    including Theme Park tickets
    and FREE DINING, just
    $63*
    a day, per person based on a family of 4 .
    For stays most nights 9/28/08-10/11/08,
    11/9/08-11/22/08 and 12/14/08-12/20/08 in a standard room.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The number of packages allocated for this offer is limited. Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply. Offer is nontransferable. Advance reservations required. Excludes gratuities.

Call 407-939-7541
    or your Travel Agent today!

We've cooked up the perfect recipe for a magical vacation here at the place Where dreams come true. And here are the irresistible ingredients:

FREE DINING at your choice of over 100 tasty locations! Enjoy Character Dining, dinner shows, home-style favorites and more when you book by 12/20/08! (Reservations strongly suggested for Table-service restaurants.)

A big helping of Disney dreams in all four Theme Parks during The Year of a Million Dreams celebration continuing through December 31, 2008, you've got one last chance to catch all the fun your family will love!

Two parties with Mickey and the gang! Get dressed up and come trick-or-treat through Magic Kingdom® Park during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, select nights in September and October. And watch the stunning Castle Dreamlights bring holiday magic to life at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, select November and December nights. You can even enjoy select attractions at both parties! (Separately priced ticket is required for both events and not included in this package.)

And with these special benefits for Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels, you can also enjoy...
    • Extra Magic Hours Benefit
    • Disney's Magical Express Transportation
    • Complimentary transportation around our "world"

That's just the beginning of the magic!

Post Thanks / Like
    $63 per person per day for lodging, tickets and food? Wow! That one is hard to beat!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    tickets aren't included Sister Tink . I know I was lost there too . If my girlfriend and I go , 3 nights/4 days at All Star Sports ... 2 day base tickets , not three and on the way its worded and free dining $576.36 . But we are 2 adults and not the 4 with junior & child . Makes a difference, but still as to why we don't get the third day park tix .

Post Thanks / Like
    Woosh. I'm too confused for words. Good thing I'm not trying to take advantage of the offer! :sigh;

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I realize the wording is a little rough so let me see if I can clarify it.
    Disney offers packages with tickets and packages with food and tickets. When they offer a package the easiest way to get an idea of the price is to figure the room with tickets only and see what the total is. If the toatl comes out to the quote you are given with the food that means the food is free. You have to purchase the tickets in order to get the dining no matter what so you will see the difference in price. If you are looking at this ad, the key word is and. The phrasing says $63 per person for room, tickets AND free dining for a family of 4. So if you have a couple instead it is going to be higher in price but the food is till free. If you multiply the number of days by how much the meal plan is you will se how much you save per person.

Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    at select Disney Value Resorts
    including Theme Park tickets
    and FREE DINING

the including Theme Park Tickets ~ got me ... but if that was the case, no one would need APs :D

Post Thanks / Like
    I called Disney to dispute the including part and my TA is faxing guest services the postcard . This will be interesting to see what they do now .

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm probably reading it funny, but my understanding of the offer is:

$63 per person for a family of four for room, DDP and MYW base ticket for four days.

The wording is really funky. The per person amount can be misleading, depending on how the actual policy. $63 for one person per day at a value resort including all of that would be an incredible value. Still a good value for two people. But if the charge $63 x 4 for the room even if there are one or two people, the value immediately evaporates. It's a bit like booking a cabin on a cruise ship--the value is related to the number of people in the room/cabin.

Disney's got some 'splaining' to do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 50052
    I'm probably reading it funny, but my understanding of the offer is:

$63 per person for a family of four for room, DDP and MYW base ticket for four days.

The wording is really funky. The per person amount can be misleading, depending on how the actual policy. $63 for one person per day at a value resort including all of that would be an incredible value. Still a good value for two people. But if the charge $63 x 4 for the room even if there are one or two people, the value immediately evaporates. It's a bit like booking a cabin on a cruise ship--the value is related to the number of people in the room/cabin.

Disney's got some 'splaining' to do!
    Taja, don't forget the price also includes your MYW base ticket, which by itself is almost $70/day. And the DDP.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 50059
    Taja, don't forget the price also includes your MYW base ticket, which by itself is almost $70/day. And the DDP.

Okay, scratch most of my first post. Excluding taxes, I'm using the following for calculation purposes: $82 per night for value room, $70 per day for MYW base ticket, $45 per day for DDP. The rack rate for a value room during value season is $82, the others should be good approximations.

1 person rack rate: $197
    2 people rack rate: $394

Assuming the package rate would be $63 x 4 for up to 2 adults and 2 children, the daily rate is $252. So it would still be a good price for two adults, based on rack rate.

Discounts could alter everything, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast