Thread: when's the christmas filming in mk

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone been there when they've filmed for the christmas tv parade at mk? whats it like and is it worth trying to make a special trip to be there? Do you need special tickets?

It just sounds exciting :)

Post Thanks / Like
    There are no special tickets required. If I remember correctly most of it takes place the first weekend in December. However, it is not filmed like you would see it on TV. They film it in sections then blend that with films from Disneyland and other Disney sites before they show it on TV.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    They choose nice sunny days for filming. It often rains on Christmas day here, so they want a perpetually sunny Christmas day parade for television broadcasting.

They announce it (usually) beforehand.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the parade is filmed on Friday and Saturday following Thanksgiving this year--the first weekend in December.

It's very unpleasant to be on Main Street those days--farther into the park is fine. If possible, I would avoid it altogether.

On another site, someone metioned (several months ago) that tickets for the actual taping are offered to DVC and AP holders. I never received any information as an AP holder--although there may have been something in the Mickey Monitor or on the Passholder website that I ignored. If I'm not planning to be there at the time, most of the stuff just washes over my head!

Post Thanks / Like
    I found it largely boring and crowded to be honest, not the best day to enjoy the magic kingdom and a lot of waiting for anything much to happen tv wise

I guess it was interesting to see once but I wont be rushing back
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com