Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how old were you on your first trip?

Post Thanks / Like
    some friends and I were talking about this, how old were you when you first went to Disney? What are your earliest memories of it and what do you miss most when you go back?

Post Thanks / Like
    Old. :D My very first trip was not something I'd like to remember. It was a day trip only to MK and I was not with folks who made it anything but stressful. (They thought EPCOT was only for drunks, if that gives you any indicaiton of what sort they were).

So, my first "real" trip, where we stayed over and did all the parks came on a spring break when I was nearly done with Uni (non-traditional student here [another way of saying old :D ] ). It was an offsite stay, for about three weeks. We had a wonderful time and I fell in love with Disney! Discovered EPCOT, and it became my favorite park. I remember having a very close budget so we did a lot of things like carry our lunch, snacks, ate at the suite, those sorts of things. We did have a wonderful dinner at the French Cafe (it was open air back then) and watched some of the fireworks. We went to Firecrackers at PI. It was a fun place. Had some nice snacks. Shared cheese plates and sips of wine... that sort of stuff.

We had a ball at MK running around like kids (there were four of us, the other two were quite young and kept us lively).

Those early days were such fun. We didn't have much money at all (we all shared a turkey leg ) but we enjoyed every minute of our stay!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I was 21 and on my Honeymoon I remember it all.

I miss everything about it. I miss the magic and the feeling that you really do leave the "real world" behind when you go to Disney. It feels like home when we are there. :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    i was 43 and fell in love with the place and orlando as a whole. wish i could live here
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I was 24 on on our honeymoon in 1995 - DH had been once before with his family - I remember just wanting to get the wedding out of the way so i could get to Disney!

We stayed at a villa in Davenport - we were living in a tiny 2 bedroomed house at the time so it was complete luxury having this enormous villa with pool all to ourselves :D

We had a 4 day hopper ticket for Disney, we did BG, SW and US, Gatorland and KSC.

I burst into tears when I walked into Town Square for the first time (still do now tbh :D) it was somewhere i had dreamed of visiting since i was little.

I remember eating at Tony's in MK which had a character meal at the time and being completely blown away by the fireworks and parades.

How we managed with only 4 days at Disney - we will have 21 days next year and that still won't be enough for me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    31 first trip to DLRP and 36 first time to WDW :)

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    First trip to Disneyland 1984, age 36

First trip to WDW 1987.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I was 38 when I first saw the castle for real.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was 24 and took Alysia for her 5th birthday.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, so maybe I wasn't so very old. :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast