Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Fuming!

Post Thanks / Like
    When i went to the hospital to see the consultant on 28th August i was told there was no waiting list and that my op would be middle of october.I had my pre op assessment there and then and my MRSA screening so i would be ready.

I was told i'd get a letter with the date of my op and a date to see the surgeon to sign the consent form.

I still haven't heard anything so i rand today to chase it up.
    The secretary left a message on my answerphone to say that no date had been set yet but it would probably be some time in December:mad:

They told me October which is what i have told work and planned for.
    I am not going in over Christmas or being out of action over Christmas as it's mine and the kids favourite times.Being on my own with them means they won't have Christmas if i can't do anything.

I'm so cross and really upset and she has now left the office so i can't ring her until tomorrow.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes! Sorry to hear about that, DB. :(

If it's elective surgery, can you schedule it after the first of the year if nothing is available sooner (not late November or December). Can you call the doctor's office back and explain the situation to the secretary? Work, single mother, children with no holiday if it's done at that time of year, etc.

If it isn't elective, let them know that it needs to be done quickly and that timing is imperative for those same reasons.

Not sure if it will make a difference, but it might!

Post Thanks / Like
    for you. Hope they can give you a much better date tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry to hear that, DB. I truly sympathise. Hope you get it sorted out.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Awwww mate. You phone them back tomorrow and tell them about you and the kids and Christmas and you were told it would be October and all that.

If they don't sort it out tell them you have a "connection" who will come down and tinsel their office.

Post Thanks / Like
    :mad: so sorry Teresa

Definitely chase it - seems you have to make a fuss to get anywhere :rolleyes008:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just so upset as i've been building myself up to it being October.Getting more stressed now that i've got to wait even longer.

I've cancelled my diary for the rest of the year and the kids have missed out on stuff that i could have booked as i knew i couldn't take them anywhere.

I've told work so they can arrange my timetable and have organised things so the kids can still get to their clubs while i can't drive.

There's no way i'm going in in December and missing out on enjoying Christmas with the kids.

What was the point of making me spend an hour in the hospital having my pre op assessment and MRSA screening if my op isn't until the end of the year as it will be out of date.They only did it because they said i'd be in within a few weeks.

If they can't get a flippin date right how can i trust them to give me the right operation.:(

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Teresa, I would be mad too . Don't tell me its one month and put me through the testing and then push it back 2 months . I hope you can get this sorted soon, sweetie . and for Good Luck .

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry to hear that teresa you know what you need dont ya a night out with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be fuming too DB, that's just unacceptable - as you say what was the point of pre op tests, etc.....i really hope you get something sorted tomorrow

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast