Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone making their own christmas cards?

Post Thanks / Like

Its SEPTEMBER

Humbug

Post Thanks / Like
    If you make Christmas cards you start in September.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a note of caution: If you're adding embellishments to your cards (layers of paper/cardstock, buttons, ribbons, etc.), watch the weight of the card plus the envelope. It can add up quickly!

Voice of experience! I've had to retool designs numerous times to bring them in at one ounce of less! Not an issue if you're mailing just a few, but can crimp the budget a bit if you're sending a lot of cards!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 50474
    Just a note of caution: If you're adding embellishments to your cards (layers of paper/cardstock, buttons, ribbons, etc.), watch the weight of the card plus the envelope. It can add up quickly!

Voice of experience! I've had to retool designs numerous times to bring them in at one ounce of less! Not an issue if you're mailing just a few, but can crimp the budget a bit if you're sending a lot of cards!
    Yes, I went to town a bit with layers and 3D sticky pads on the ones made in January.....I'll have to keep those for the cards that I hand deliver! :rolleyes008:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 50474

That's a very good point to make....especially for those who intend to go on the Christmas card exchange this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    I made mine forthe first time last year and need to be making a start soon on this years..Yes it is September but they take ages to make

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been making all our Christmas cards (and birthday and anniversary...) cards for years now. I wish I could work up the enthusiasm to start in Sept. I'm usually down to the wire getting them finished. For example, I JUST finished the card for our newest grandson this morning. I always tell myself that I will start earlier and then just can't get my muse going...
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    oh i get like that too, sometimes i make loads of cards one after the other (when i get time that is!) and other times it can take me a couple of hours or more to even make one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Because I have to let the Stickles dry, it can take several days to make all the bits and pieces that go into creating our cards.

Once I come up with a couple of ideas, I start searching my Cricut cartridges for cut outs that will work. I make up a few prototypes to see what will work and what won't. Then I go into "production" mode.

Some years I have so many ideas I don't know where to start. Some years I struggle to come up with one idea...
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12