Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ground floor or upper floors?

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you tend to ask for a ground floor room or an upper floor? I know Im way overstressing about the room but ground floor may be noisier but no stairs at the end of the day. Which do you hope or ask for?

Post Thanks / Like
    We always used to ask for upper floors but on our last trip, to a different resort, we had a ground floor room. That was a mistake.... I could hear the people above in the bathroom. :(
    I think it does vary between resorts though.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    It does vary between resorts, but I usually prefer a higher floor. Yes, there are some stairs, but some resorts will have elevators.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    All of the WDW resorts I've stayed at have had elevators, although I understand only a couple of the buildings at OKW have elevators. Stairs can be an issue for me, so that's always a consideration when selecting a resort.

If solo, I always request the top floor. Fewer people should be in the vicinity, so I'm a bit more comfortable arriving at the resort solo at 2:00 a.m.!

If I'm with others, I still prefer the top floor, but anything above ground floor is fine. I'm just not comfortable with a lot of people passing by the room.

BTW, when we stayed at Pop Century last December, we were stuck on the second floor--connecting rooms needed and late Friday arrival time. We requested to be moved to the top floor in the 50s area when something became available, but we actually didn't mind being on the second floor and stayed there for all 10 nights. No real issues with noise from other rooms--and we slept in most mornings. If the turbo flush bothers you, leave the bathroom door ajar at night and the sound is muffled significantly. We were not on the pool side of the building.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never given a preference before and have always been on the 2nd floor. I need to remember to ask when I book the last part of our stay at AKV to ask for a high room as I really would like a balcony overlooking the animals rather than a ground (1st floor) room.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I beleive all of the WDW resorts have elevators. They also have stairs.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 50490
    ground (1st floor) room.
    The 1st floor/ground floor thing confused us on our first visit. :rolleyes008:
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope. OKW doesn't have elevators in all the buildings, only in a few actually. I don't recall All Stars having elevators either? Do they?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, the All Stars have elevators.

I haven't been to OKW. Interesting that they don't have elevators.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 50517
    Nope. OKW doesn't have elevators in all the buildings, only in a few actually.
    They're not high buildings though?
    [CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast