Thread: can we take food and drink into parks?

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard we werent allowed because they were selling their own but I always see people with picnics and water so it must be ok?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, for WDW parks it is absolutely ok. Nothing in glass containers of course, an dno alcohol (and no sharp knives) but you can certainly take in your own food. We do it quite often. First, because we have dietary restrictions, and second (when we have Seth) we feel it's much kinder to little tummys to keep the same sort of food "schedule." Third, and possibly most important is that it is much more cost effective to carry your own food and water!

We use a soft sided cooler that gets much lighter as the day goes on. It's easier with Seth because we hav eht stroller, but when it's just the two of us, we just carry a smaller soft sided cooler.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes, Disney is ok with you bringing in food and drinks (see Tink's post for what you can't bring in). I would only think it would be a problem if you were bringing in a huge cooler. Though I did see someone at DL with one.....so maybe it isn't a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not. I've seen folks with those wheeled coolers! I wouldn't want to be bothered by that much, but hey...whatever floats your boat (or fills your tummy, eh)?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    we always take something in every trip
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Taking food and water into the parks is a must for us! With one diabetic and two kids on meds they need food stat and I can't wait in line for it. We have never been questioned and we load up a bookbag full of goodies.

1997- All Star Sports
    1998- Universal Studios
    1999- Renaissance Orlando Resort SeaWorld
    2000- Port Orleans
    2003- Pop Century
    2004- Days Inn International Drive
    2006- Give Kids The World
    2007- Cornado Springs
    2008- Disney Wonder
    2008- Fort Wilderness Cabins