Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney Summer exchange

Post Thanks / Like
    Mum and ad have agreed to let me do the disney summer exchange program in between college and university;
    http://www.disneyinternationalprograms.com/summer.html

Does anyone know anyone who's done this, or anyone whos actually done it themselves?

It sounds ideal for me and will look good on a CV!

Josh
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooh! No, I don't know anything about it at all, but I am so pleased they've given their consent! You'll have to look into it and tell us all about it!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Well... I know this much;

you pay for your flights, and accomodation and groceries, get to do work in WDW, 30 hours a week, and then for the rest of the time you're free to do whatever you like, you get free entrance to the parks, and also free use of disney shuttle buses.

You pay something like $80 a week for accomodation and they put you up in one of three places that is made just for the job experience programs. You share a room with someone and you're in a dorm-room type situation.

The max you can do it for is for 3 months (90 days) So I was planning on doing it for a month or two in between college and Uni.

I have to apply the year before I want to go, so I'll apply next year.

Aunty tink... You have to PROMISE me that if I end up doing it, you'll come to WDW for a day to come and see me LOL!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! We'll surely have to see what can be arranged. :D

That short of a time? I thought it was for a year!

One of the places they have accommodation for students is Little Lake Bryan over by the Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine and Premium Outlets.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooool

I wish I was the other sort of Doctor , you know with a Tardis and all then I could go back and do this sort of thing

Post Thanks / Like
    Hang on there's a website out there run by people who've done this. Back in a tick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here you go, gives you the good, bad and ugly of it all.

http://www.wdwip.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 50434
    Mum and ad have agreed to let me do the disney summer exchange program in between college and university;
    That's exciting news. :)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Great news, Josh!

Just remember, you'll be the lowest on the totem pole, so work won't necessarily be interesting.

But the entire experience could be incredible!

Post Thanks / Like
    Learning any new position can be interesting for the short term, learning of it. You may be thrilled that you won't have to do the job for the rest of your life, but making the learning of new skills, regardless of what they are, the primary factor is the key to a strong work ethic.

My brother once found himself cleaning office buildings for the county. Believe it or not, it was a politically appointed job! He couldn't find a position anywhere else, so a local pol found him that one for the short term. My Da ran into the pol a bit later and he told my Da that my brother was the BEST cleaner in the building. I've used that as my measure for my employees. If they can't "clean the floors" with all they've got, then I don't want them doing the higher level skilled jobs.

Hope that makes a bit of sense!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast