Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sister Tink

Post Thanks / Like
    we were going to go to WDW in May, but since the pin event was announced for June . We have pushed our plans back a month . Patrick & Kim have decided to honeymoon at WDW and go with us to save money . I was looking for a romantic resort but something we could all afford . I made my decision tonight and I'm not telling the kids where . We are staying at Old Key West .
    So, tell me all about it . I hear the studios are huge and have two very comfortable queen size beds .
    Since Jims breathing has not been good lately . And no thankfully he hasn't started smoking again . He has COPD that as you know will never go away . We are asking to be near the hospitality house . He has a disabled persons card/license .
    Do you think I made a good choice ? I told Jim and he is very excited . I told the kids you will see when we arrive . We are paying for the resort and I asked them to get Jim's park tix since I will have my AP . They were thrilled with that deal .

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now its a little more expensive than I was hoping for but I'm still going to book and hope for the same savings as this past June .

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! I just saw this thread! I was at MK for 14 hours yesterday so never had a chance to log on at all.

You will love OKW. It's spacious and beautiful in terms of both grounds and rooms/villas. The studio does have two queens which is far preferable to me than a queen and a sofa bed.

You'll want to be sure to have a ground floor room so Jim doesn't have to climb too many stairs. Tell them it's for medical reasons, and they should accommodate you without a problem.

I think it's romantic, but then I like quiet and laid back. I like being able to escape from the noise and chaos of the parks and just relax at the resort.

Let me know if you want to know anything else!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I jump into your thread, Tinker? :)

Tink, I'm going to be staying at OKW next year too :smiley4: so any hints and tips would be much appreciated.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm not sure what sorts of information will be useful.

If you plan on using the kitchen(ette) then you'll want coffee filters, coffee (they'll give one packet for starters) salt, pepper, and maybe some saran wrap or something to wrap leftovers in, oh and sugar packets. (But those are readily available at counter service places along with salt and pepper packets). If you aren't planning on using the kitchen set up then don't worry about those things. The studio will have porcelain coffee mugs, and a small amount of paper plates. The one bedroom and larger will have everything you need.

Pool towels are available at Hank's Rent and Return and at all the other pools. So no need to bring your own.

If you like to walk, this is your resort. You can have some pretty good strolls through the resort, and to the hospitality house, depending upon where you are staying.

Very few (only the newer) buildings have elevators, so keep that in mind. If you don't get a building with an elevator it is a long haul up three flights of stairs to the top floor. We've stayed on the third floor before and it was wonderful. Staying there again would directly be related to how much stuff we had to lug! :D However, you can get help with your luggage, so it's not totally necesary that you haul your own stuff.

You can use internal buses for transport throughout the resort. Or simply hop on any bus, which will then stop at the hospitality house before exiting the park.

The ferry to DTD runs as recreation, therefore it stops if it's raining, or for any other weather issue.

It's great fun to rent bicycles and ride them to DTD. You can't take them into DTD, only as far as the West Side parking lot, but it's a nice ride for all that.

Check out the community hall events. Many are geared toward kids, but some are fun for adults to participate in too.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Good info, thanks. :)

What are the contents of the general store like? Can we buy basic breakfast goods, bread, butter, milk,etc?
    Or will we need to make a grocery stop (which DH isn't keen to do) on the way to the resort?
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    You can get bread, not sure about butter, small things. I really would make a grocery stop. You will have a much better selection and the items will be much less expensive. If you are in a studio size, remember the refrigerator is quite small.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. Yes, we are in a studio. I get up very early and need a cuppa & a nibble of breakfast to keep me going until DH wakes up. :D
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    MP, you can jump into any of my threads . :D Great Information, Sister Tink . And I will be careful, our dear sweet Johnie checked into it for us .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker, post: 51372
    MP, you can jump into any of my threads . :D .
    Thanks. :D

I'll look forward to reading your thoughts on OKW if you write a trippie afterwards. :)
    [CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast