Thread: travel agent or book diy?

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry if this has already been asked but Im new :shocked025: do most people prefer to use a travel agent or just book parts yourselves?

Can we get all the discounts that agents can or do they have special codes that we cant use?

Post Thanks / Like
    you can get discounts from mousesavers.com and book yourself using the code listed . I , myself use a TA . I don't have a lot of time nowadays with sick parents, work and what not . And don't forget with using a TA , say you book for next year and the room, only , AP, what will you discount isn't out yet as soon as it is released ... they will get it applied . I tell my TA which restaurants I'm interested in and what days and she does my ADR's Now, remember you must book exactly 180 days in advance to eat at the Castle . I have never had to worry about remembering as it is taken care of . So, its a matter of which you prefer .
    I will be booking my own trip for June as I'm trying to rent DVC points, which I just recently learned is a heck of a lot cheaper than booking a resort . You just need to find the correct dates . Who needs mousekeeping, I need savings .

Post Thanks / Like
    I have mostly done it myself. I have used a TA a couple of times. I really enjoy helping others plan their trips so I am just starting out as a TA.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    i always mainly do diy, i enjoy doing everything myself and mostly get a better deal
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    It really depends on what works best for you.

A TA is terrific if you have limited time and/or are not good with details. You'll still need to track details, but not quite as much as you would with a good TA.

If you enjoy controlling everything yourself, DIY is the way to go.

I've done both, but prefer DIY most of the time. I'm a bit of a control freak! :D

However, if I'm visiting a country for the first time I probably would book through a TA who is familiar with that country. Ditto for a cruise. I think. :)