Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me with this scenario

Post Thanks / Like
    If your child was 5 or 6 and a non-swimmer would you let them go to a pool party?

Steven wants a pool party for his birthday. I've checked it out and the pool is shallow enough for them to stand in it, fully lifeguarded and all that. I just think no one would let their children come as most of them are complete non-swimmers.

Maybe I should try and get him to postpone that one till next year and do the play centre instead?

What do you all think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Would any of the parents be willing to go in as well? Caitlin went to a pool party a few years ago when she wasn't a competant swimmer and they cordoned off the deeper area of the pool, they had a lifeguard and an attendant and a few of the mums went in with them as well, there were also a few mums ( me included) on the side watching.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blimey it's already like a miss world fashion parade at the morning drop off at school. Imagine what it would be like if I introduced a swimwear round. :rofl:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 51285
    Blimey it's already like a miss world fashion parade at the morning drop off at school. Imagine what it would be like if I introduced a swimwear round. :rofl:

Which is exactly why I stayed on the side and didn't get in :p015:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    my boys used to go to pool parties Dawn and some parents would get in the water too - you could always say you neede extra supervision and see whether you get any volunteers! Where will you be holding it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Aquarena. I've checked and I'm happy it's all safe for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had this problem with Maisie. She was invited to a pool party but couldn't swim a jot. I'm not a big fan of swimming so I didn't fancy having to go in the water. It wouldn't have been so bad if Maisie had been ok with wearing armbands but she thought this would make her stand out. In the end another Mum stayed close by and she had a blast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe include a note explaining abouth depths, lifeguard etc. So people know what to expect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Or talk to one or two of the parents of the children you know don't swim and get their opinion. Just tell them you're considering it and give them the basic safety specs, as Disneybumble suggested.

You could get a feel for the "water" that way.

Sorry! No pun intended. Realized it after I typed it and added the quotes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Caitie and Bria are not swimmers even tho they THINK they are. They wear lifejackets when we go anywhere with water. I don't care if it's 2 ft deep or 2 inches deep. Yeah..a bit paranoid.
    But I'd let them go to a pool party...with their life jackets. And yup, I'd probably stick around too. :)
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast