Thread: gingerbread house

Post Thanks / Like
    can someone tell me where they make this at christmas and are there any other buildings specially made for christmas like this?

Post Thanks / Like
    It's in the lobby of the Grand Floridian, don't know of any others - I would love to go at Christmas one year

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    OH gosh, there are loads!! Every deluxe resort has an incredible gingerbread creation. Beach Club has a gingerbread carosel!!

The American pavilion has a huge gingerbread house too. They use it for a shop that sells cookies and hot chocolate and cider.

Visit any of the deluxe resorts and look for their displays. Some are all gingerbread and some feature other types of confections (like chocolate ).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 51575
    OH gosh, there are loads!! Every deluxe resort has an incredible gingerbread creation. Beach Club has a gingerbread carosel!!

The American pavilion has a huge gingerbread house too. They use it for a shop that sells cookies and hot chocolate and cider.

Visit any of the deluxe resorts and look for their displays. Some are all gingerbread and some feature other types of confections (like chocolate ).
    I didn't know they ere all over - now I want to go at Christmas even more

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    They change them a bit sometimes, from year to year. One year at the Boardwalk Inn, as you entered the aroma of chocolate assaulted your senses! They had the boardwalk recreated in chocolate (and some other candies). Incredible.

I don't honestly remember what is at the Contemporary...

But there are really nice displays, and then there are the lovely decorations at every resort. It's well worth part of a day to tour the hotels and just take in all the holiday trimmings.

Gives you inspiration for your own home, too.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    The resorts are decorated so beautifully. It's worth spending an afternoon/evening visiting the resorts to take a look.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    The gingerbread carosel must be adorable . I was at WDW twice around Christmas time and didn't know there were different displays .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 51590
    They change them a bit sometimes, from year to year. One year at the Boardwalk Inn, as you entered the aroma of chocolate assaulted your senses! They had the boardwalk recreated in chocolate (and some other candies). Incredible.

I don't honestly remember what is at the Contemporary...

But there are really nice displays, and then there are the lovely decorations at every resort. It's well worth part of a day to tour the hotels and just take in all the holiday trimmings.

Gives you inspiration for your own home, too.
    Not much at the Contemporary last year. The lobby was a boarded-up construction zone! I don't recall seeing gingerbread there in 2003 or 2004, either. But I may not have looked in the right places!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, the Contemporary is not necessarily the best example of Christmas decorations at WDW.