Thread: How busy is thanksgiving really?

Post Thanks / Like
    everyone says is incredibly busy but is it really that bad?

Is the whole week before or after bad too?

Post Thanks / Like
    We went last Thanksgiving. It was bad. Fast passes were gone before noon every day. Lines were incredibly long. We were supposed to go this Thanksgiving but I cancelled it. By the Sunday after Thanksgiving, everyone is gone.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup what Johnie said, we were there at the same time. We have been there on 3 separate Thanksgiving vacations and each one became more and more crowded! Guess that is good for Disney but not so good for us. The Florida - Florida State game cleared out the parks a bit for a few hours though. You couldn't even get near to ESPN zone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanksgiving (major national holilday) is on a Thursday, and most people are off work on Friday (retail excluded), providing a wonderful opportunity for a four-day weekend or taking only three vacation days to extend it to a full week.

I've avoided WDW at that time for that reason. I would expect it to be very busy that entire week, with the holiday weekend insanely busy.

Post Thanks / Like
    The weekend prior starts the increase in capacity and it increases each day with the approach of Thanksgiving. It is nearly as busy as it will be during the week of Christmas.

Speaking of fast passes, I've read an article (in the DVC newsletter) that talks about Disney perhaps charging a fee for fast passes, and or making them available only to deluxe resort guests.

If they do something like that, it will make the lines even longer. :sigh;

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 51936
    The weekend prior starts the increase in capacity and it increases each day with the approach of Thanksgiving. It is nearly as busy as it will be during the week of Christmas.

Speaking of fast passes, I've read an article (in the DVC newsletter) that talks about Disney perhaps charging a fee for fast passes, and or making them available only to deluxe resort guests.

That is exactly why we don't go to Universal anymore - think it would be a big mistake for Disney to go that way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Oh that is just wrong. Why punish us for not wanting to spend way too much money at the deluxe resorts? At least the Universal resorts are reasonalby priced and they are deluxe hotels.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I really hope it doesn't come to this, but since it has been "discussed" in a newsletter put out by Disney, I'd start planning on doing the parks without Park Hoppers. :sigh;

I know I won't be paying extra for them.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

If they do that, I will no longer visit WDW!

It's on the verge of being on my avoid list. I love it, but it's becoming too expensive for me as it is. Add more crowded/longer lines and I will be one less guest in the parks--or resorts!

Have to tell you, I'm becoming pretty picky about where I spend my money these days. Holiday destinations have to have real value for me--not just nostalgia or instant entertainment. :sigh;

The joys of becoming a senior citizen!