Thread: disney dumping mcdonalds?

Post Thanks / Like
    just read that disney may be getting rid of mcdonalds in parks! I hope they dont get rid of them altogether as sometimes some familiar food like nuggets is all dd would eat. Anyone know if this is real or just a rumor?

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope it is true!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's called MuckDonalds in our house so that will show you our opinion on the stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I think it's hard to argue this one I must admit

I probably don't eat mcdonalds in between WDW visits but if I go past that one in EPCOT I'll tend to buy some nuggets and fries and love it.... right up until about ten minutes later when I get that "more hungry than I started but feeling half sick too" mcdonalds feeling

So I'll miss them if they go but I can't argue that them being there is a good thing at all
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Always a little uncomfortable about the partnership - there are more than enough fsat food outlets at Disney without the big M's around. I have issues with Macdonalds going way back to the 80's that I'll not go into, but some from the Uk will know what I'm on about

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think we have ever had McDonalds at Disney I don't know if I would notice if they were gone

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a fan either, would be quite happy to see them go from WDW. :p015:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    We've heard that it is because McDonald's does not fit with the new Disney image of trying to offer more healthy choices, particularly for children.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    A year or so ago, McDonalds wasn't too happy about the "fit" with Disney, either. Not generating the additional revenue expected.

Which ever company dumps the other, I won't be sad to see McDonald's removed from WDW. There are too many other fast food options available--including chicken nuggets at WDW fast food locations. They just aren't McDonald's branded nuggets.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember the huge out cry when McDonald's was brought into the World Showcase. Of all the food in all the world, they brought in McDonald's?!

Won't be sorry to see it go. There really is the same food available regardless of label.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle