Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Town Car grocery stop?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes but it is then officially 'Disney' cereal and 'Disney'Beer - I know it is a terrible thing to say but we don't look that closely at the cost of groceries when we are in there. TBH when we land after a 10 hour flight +the wait at Gatwick+the haul through customs and bagage claim - we just want to get to our room at Disney - the idea of going to a Supermarket to save a few dollars on beer just doesn't seem worth it.

:D

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely cheaper and more choice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 51825
    the idea of going to a Supermarket to save a few dollars on beer just doesn't seem worth it.
    Nor would it me, but I drink a lot of bottled water there and it seems a good idea to stock up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 51827
    Definitely cheaper and more choice.
    Thanks. :)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 51855
    Nor would it me, but I drink a lot of bottled water there and it seems a good idea to stock up on that.
    thats true, bottled water is stupidly priced at Disney and it's that icky Dasani rubbish :(
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    If only for the water! I totally dislike Dasani, and other than even higher priced Smart Water, it's all you can get in the parks.

The items at Publix (note that I didn't use the generic grocery there) will be fresher than anywhere else too.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I am definitely thinking it will be a good plan. :)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    When you've booked your towncar service, ask them which Publix they will stop at, MP. You might be able to download (or just view) a layout of the store, which will help you manuever through it more quickly. Once you've picked up your necessities, you can browse a bit.

Most of the towncar services limit the grocery stop to 30 minutes (some were 20, so be sure to check when making your reservation). I don't think they would quibble about an extra minute or two, but 10 or 15 minutes could throw the driver's schedule completely out of whack!

Purchasing bottled water at the grocery store or discount store definitely is worth the cost of the towncar service! Like you, I drink a lot of water and at $2 per bottle, it adds up quickly! Add a few other items and it almost pays for the service one-way! :)

Post Thanks / Like
    If they give you a choice, MystikPiglit, tell them you want to stop at the Publix near Premium Outlets. It has a very nice selection but isn't one of those huge warehouse type of stores.

Shop the perimeter of the store for fresh items, the aisles (usually well marked) for dry good and other sundry items.

Publix staff are very helpful (usually, however avoid Orange Lake Publix, they've hired some dreadful people there) so don't waste time hunting. Ask. They'll direct you to what you are looking for.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 51882
    When you've booked your towncar service, ask them which Publix they will stop at, MP. You might be able to download (or just view) a layout of the store, which will help you manuever through it more quickly. Once you've picked up your necessities, you can browse a bit.
    :)
    Great tip, thank you. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Taja
    Purchasing bottled water at the grocery store or discount store definitely is worth the cost of the towncar service! Like you, I drink a lot of water and at $2 per bottle, it adds up quickly! Add a few other items and it almost pays for the service one-way!
    :thumbs_up: We spent a fortune on bottled water last trip! :shocked025:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink
    If they give you a choice, MystikPiglit, tell them you want to stop at the Publix near Premium Outlets. It has a very nice selection but isn't one of those huge warehouse type of stores.
    Shop the perimeter of the store for fresh items, the aisles (usually well marked) for dry good and other sundry items.
    Thanks, I'll do that. :)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, which Publix is located off the Greeneway (alternate route from MCO--not I-4) Beltway--sorry, I never can remember the name!--a short distance from WDW? Driving toward WDW, turn left under the freeway after exiting.

That's the one the towncar services I've used in the past two years or so have stopped at. It's one of the newer stores--that area wasn't even built up during our 2003 visit!

Not a terribly large store by Phoenix standards, but well stocked. I think the last time I was in it was March, 2007. We had a rental car last December.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast