Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I'm Earning My Ears

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker, post: 53895
    . My CM card gets me in the parks whenever I visit . .
    Whoa! when did that happen? As a regular CM, I had to have tickets to get into the parks....if they've changed that policy then that's so cool!
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    This info came from a cast member at WDW . And she said , this is new for them . I'm not 100% sure that this will ring true for the Disney Store . However, Sherry did say she gets 50% off the resorts and more perks are coming after the new year as Disney has just taken over again . I'm keeping my crossed .

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm getting very discouraged as I got one day on the schedule this week . I do realize the economy is bad , but GeeZ , I still have to drive there , 15 minutes from my home . I know as it gets closer to Christmas , it will pick up . I don't get any benefits until I'm a permanent employee , rather than seasonal . And now rumour has it that cast members from a closed store will have seniority over the 2 positions after the holidays, which makes sense . So, I'm sure you'll understand when I say my excitment has turned to discouagement... As I wonder in the end, if it will all been worth it .
    On another note : I have an opportunity to go to WDW next week . A dear friend that is a DVC member has invited me down . She is staying at the Beach Club . I have the time off and the weird thing ... a Disney store convention is there that week . The manager of our store cannot make it as she is on sick leave . Mike asked if I go , if I'd pick up the new information .
    Isn't that weird, that the exact time I'm invited is the same time as The Disney store convention. and for me please . That I get to go and that all this holiday stress will be worth it in the end . Thanks in advance .
    I think some of you may know my friend that has so graciously invited me , Dzneeprincss

Post Thanks / Like
    Hang in ther Tink....magic sometimes takes a little bit to get warmed up :)
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like fate is taking a hand in your life, Tinker!

Definitely understand your discouragement with your hours. That's one of the things I really dislike about retail--but staffing costs is one of the few things managers really can control. And a good portion of their bonus is based on that in most retail environments. :sigh;

If you can swing it financially, take a break at WDW and relax before the holiday craziness arrives. :thumbs_up:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345