Thread: animal kingdom resort

Post Thanks / Like
    We re thinking of stayinug there but cant afford a savannah room, how much does that matter though?

If there are other places to watch the animals I suppose its ok but how much magic is lost by not having one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Somebody's going to give you a much better response than I can as I've never stayed there but often visited and there are quite a few rangers who are very knowledgeable and you can walk round the grounds and they will explain so much to you.

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    AKL is my dream location to stay at WDW....unfortunately, it's past our budget :(
    However, on a few occassions when we have gone for dinner or breakfast at Boma, we have viewed the animals.

You can view several types of animals such as giraffe, zebra, ostrich etc from a great viewing area…take your camera along too. Go once night falls and you can use night vision glasses to view the animals at play…..just head to Arusha Rock and stay as long as you like.

AKL now have okapi too which are fascinating animals.

It doesn't cost you anything to do this....one of the free things to do at WDW :)

Post Thanks / Like
    We love AKL, though we don't stay there anywhere near as often as we would like. You don't need a savannah room as there are multiple places throughout the lodge to see the animals.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally agree with John

Its great to wake up, throw open the curtains (realise you've nothing on and that the AKL is surrounded by cameras, close the curtains again, get dressed then gently and embarrassedly open the curtains again) to see Giraffe staring in at you and possibly laughing.

Really great and one of the best feelings but you're not really going to stay in your room for hours on end plus you wont see EVERY animal doing it that way. Best to wander round the resort to the viewing areas, go talk to the cast members and so on.

The place itself is magical it truly is... as I type this I remember the music through the resort and smile knowing I'll be back there in December
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Keith? Darling?TMI!!!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 52631
    Keith? Darling?TMI!!!!
    :g020:
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We had planned to stay there but due to the construction in the main building during 2007 we changed our booking to the WL.

However we did go for dinner. I don't think it would matter where your room was, the resort is beautiful, we hung around and explored after our dinner. There are plenty opportunities to see the animals. The pool area is lovely too. It would be lovely to have a savannah room but I think you will still have fantastic holiday there without it.

We will stay there one day but I have fallen in love with the WL now. I adore the place. lol :o

Post Thanks / Like
    Its great to wake up, throw open the curtains (realise you've nothing on and that the AKL is surrounded by cameras, close the curtains again, get dressed then gently and embarrassedly open the curtains again) to see Giraffe staring in at you and possibly laughing.

You know what I did?- threw open the curtains and there was the ranger truck driving in front of my window. They got a story to tell thier buddies.

We loved staying here- and will stay again next trip.

Kate