Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr Skywatcher ............. I have a question

Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely Dr. Could i ask you a few questions about these new cervical cancer innoculations. My DD is in year 8 and has just come home with all the consent forms etc. I am slightly worried as she is going to be among the first in this country to have it. So my 2 questions are
    1) Should i be worried or just grateful that it is now available and will save countless lives.
    and
    2) Would you let your daughter have it.

I really hope you don't mind me asking but i can't seem to sign the forms. I just want a more unbiased opinion than the governments. So feel free to ignore me or for mods to flush this thread away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a feeling that Thursdays are Dr Skywatchers afternoon off.

All vaccines are thoroughly tested and would not be licensed if they were thought to be unsafe or uneffective. It is not a 100% "cure" though and if your daughter has it she will still need the regular screening that you and I have now.

For the record if I had a daughter I'd let her have it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 52723
    I have a feeling that Thursdays are Dr Skywatchers afternoon off.

All vaccines are thoroughly tested and would not be licensed if they were thought to be unsafe or uneffective. It is not a 100% "cure" though and if your daughter has it she will still need the regular screening that you and I have now.

For the record if I had a daughter I'd let her have it.
    Thanks Dawn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I have let Alysia get the shots. She completed all 3 rounds earlier this year.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    if they hadn't have brought it in over here i would have paid for Caitlin to have it done in the US when we visited next.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 52744
    I have let Alysia get the shots. She completed all 3 rounds earlier this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 52842
    if they hadn't have brought it in over here i would have paid for Caitlin to have it done in the US when we visited next.
    Thank you both for telling me this. It's not like i am wishy washy but i need more feedback from people to fully make my decision.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 52870
    Thank you both for telling me this. It's not like i am wishy washy but i need more feedback from people to fully make my decision.
    i completely understand how you feel! i actually work in the same office as the team setting up the vaccination schedule for schools in the area and they are very positive about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Daughter is in year 10 and i wish she could have it now.

I'm assuming that all girls older than year 8 will get it eventually but as cervical cancer is more likely after a girl has become sexually active i'd have thought the older ones would have been done first.

Don't really know much about it as it doesn't effect us yet but if she is offered it i will definitely sign the forms hun.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would've let my daughter have it, if I was sure there were no serious side-effects.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 52907
    I'm assuming that all girls older than year 8 will get it eventually but as cervical cancer is more likely after a girl has become sexually active i'd have thought the older ones would have been done first.

:
    thats exactly what they're going to do T, the thought of that is making me twitchy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast