Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yaaaay.......

Post Thanks / Like

3 months 'til Christmas! :tongue0011-1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh good heavens! I'd better get started cleaning the house!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to Asda. They have 3 aisles full of Halloween stuff and not a single Christmas related thing in sight. :D

I got some rubber snakes and spiders to put in local caches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 52785

3 months 'til Christmas! :tongue0011-1:
    Nooooo we haven't had summer up here yet

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    Christmas Christmas Christmas :bounce022::nemo2::excited001::207:

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad we no longer exchange gifts--we just have a family gathering. Gifts for the young ones (age 25 and under and not married), but that's it! It became too crazy--and most of the adults just go out and buy what they want when they want it these days. Very difficult to find useful, meaningful gifts within a reasonable price range. Add a lot of marriages, and the gift list became immense!

You all can celebrate while I relax!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 52828

I am so glad we no longer exchange gifts--we just have a family gathering. Gifts for the young ones (age 25 and under and not married), but that's it! It became too crazy--and most of the adults just go out and buy what they want when they want it these days. Very difficult to find useful, meaningful gifts within a reasonable price range. Add a lot of marriages, and the gift list became immense!

You all can celebrate while I relax!
    we buy for nieces, nephews and Grandparents - we took a vote and decided not to buy for brothers and sisters anymore as it was getting VERY expensive! we have a get together for Christmas day tea and exchange gifts then - I'm hosting it again this year, saves me going out in the cold AND I get to have a glass of wine or two!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 52836
    we buy for nieces, nephews and Grandparents - we took a vote and decided not to buy for brothers and sisters anymore as it was getting VERY expensive! we have a get together for Christmas day tea and exchange gifts then - I'm hosting it again this year, saves me going out in the cold AND I get to have a glass of wine or two!
    Excellent! No designated driver duty for you!

As each generation matures and marries, we absorb not only the new spouse/children into the family, but the inlaws/outlaws and their offspring, as well. So our numbers multiply exponentially every few years! We reached crazy stage about 15 years ago and tried drawing names, but someone was always annoyed with the name drawn/gift received, etc., so we quickly ended that experiment!

We convene at my cousin DC's house most years, as their home is the largest. Everyone is assigned a prepared dish (can be purchased) and a few of us provide extra--someone always neglects to bring the assigned dish. And we have additional guests--solos/couples without local family, as well as guests of guests. Gets pretty crazy, but we enjoy it for one day of the year!

Post Thanks / Like
    :stripey:
    I'm with you Mairead. I LOVE Christmas. We also only do children etc. I can't wait .
    Taja how many people would be at your gathering. It sounds exactly how christmas should be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 52788
    Oh good heavens! I'd better get started cleaning the house!
    3 months ~ blimey! you must have a big house!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 52795
    Go to Asda. They have 3 aisles full of Halloween stuff and not a single Christmas related thing in sight. :D

I got some rubber snakes and spiders to put in local caches.
    yikes! you're a little divil Dawn :shocked025:

Quote Originally Posted by piglet, post: 52810
    Nooooo we haven't had summer up here yet

nor have we down here! :rolleyes008:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 52815
    Christmas Christmas Christmas :bounce022::nemo2::excited001::207:
    woo hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 52838
    Excellent! No designated driver duty for you!

As each generation matures and marries, we absorb not only the new spouse/children into the family, but the inlaws/outlaws and their offspring, as well. So our numbers multiply exponentially every few years! We reached crazy stage about 15 years ago and tried drawing names, but someone was always annoyed with the name drawn/gift received, etc., so we quickly ended that experiment!

We convene at my cousin DC's house most years, as their home is the largest. Everyone is assigned a prepared dish (can be purchased) and a few of us provide extra--someone always neglects to bring the assigned dish. And we have additional guests--solos/couples without local family, as well as guests of guests. Gets pretty crazy, but we enjoy it for one day of the year!
    sounds wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 52876
    :stripey:
    I'm with you Mairead. I LOVE Christmas. We also only do children etc. I can't wait .
    Taja how many people would be at your gathering. It sounds exactly how christmas should be.
    it'll be here before you know it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast