Thread: roller coaster for a coward

Post Thanks / Like
    Im really scared of coasters but I dont want to let the rest of the party down so are there some easy ones I could go on at each park?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well a lot of people say RnR but I am a roller coaster fan and hate that one. My head comes off that ride feeling likd jelly. For years I avoided the Hulk, but to be honest, I find it the smoothest ride in Orlando. It was the size of the coaster and sound that frightened me but once i rode it I couldnt believe how good it was. I think you might find Everest OK. There arent too many twists and turns.

Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Offical Coaster Chicken checking into this thread

I'm the biggest baby when it comes to coasters!! AND I don't do upsidedown either :shocked025:

SO, if you are like me then go ahead and do Big Thunder at the MK since it's really is pretty tame for the most part with no huge drops. Space Mountain is another one that is actually a lot tamer than it seems because it's in the dark. We were on the TTA one time when SM was down and the lights were on in there. I so could not believe how simple it actually was and then realized that it was only the darkness that made it scarey.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't do coasters and I love Big Thunder Mountain at MK!

The clackety-clack makes it seem scarier than it is. It is a bit bumpy, so probably not a good choice if dealing with neck injuries.

Haven't tried Expedition Everest at AK yet--wasn't able to go on most attractions last December. But Leu said it was okay--very smooth. She was concerned about one small section. Shelly and Lexie loved it--but Shelly's a thrill ride junkie!

Post Thanks / Like
    OH OH How about the Goofy barnstormer!!
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    The Barnstormer is an excellent choice! Fast enough to be fun, but nothing too scary at all!

I too am a coaster wimp, but will go on BTMRR. It is jerky and clacky, but just fast enough for me to feel like I've not taken on more than I can handle.

I've done Space Mountain, but won't be doing that again thank you very much! I won't do Rockin' Roller Coaster because of the upside down bit, so there you have it.

I will do Splash Mountain (love it as a matter of fact) but it's not a coaster.

I've never done the monster coasters anywhere else and am quite happy dying without changing that statement.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    The DGD's don't like the Barnstormer anymore, since they discovered BTMRR. I have an awesome pic of Brianna on this in 2007
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks everyone!!!! I'm going to print out these messages

Post Thanks / Like
    I love coasters but Gwazi at BG terrified me, my skull rattled so much I thought it was going to break out of my head.

I sometimes think that the large coasters like Hulk and Duelling Dragons are less scary than the smaller ones if you can get over the height and speed, they are usually smooth rides and you don't get jolted around.

You should try Everest - the themeing is fantastic and I would say that is in the same sort of league as BTMRR.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    id defo do the hulk its the easiest one to start with i think then do the rest. i love coasters the first one i did was the kraken but that has some tighter corners i think so defo try the hulk first then the rest, im sure you will like them after trying one
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008