Thread: has anyone been grand marshall of the parade?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just wondering what you did and what happened when you were chosen? did you get to see backstage?

Post Thanks / Like
    i seem to remember that USCWest has been

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep! uscwest, his DW and two of their DGC were selected as grand marhsalls of the MK parade a few years ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    We didn't do anything special. In 2001 we took our two oldest granddaughters to WDW. The oldest turned 9 at WDW. On that day we had booked CRT for her breakfast. Both girls and grandma and I were wearing special T-shirts that Donna had made. After leaving CRT we walked back down Main Street to the train station. They were pulling one of those horse drawn carts out of the barn and the girls wanted to know if they could pet the horse. We walked up, they petted the horse and, as we turned to walk away they asked us if we would like to ride back to the castle. The girls jumped at this. Another family tried to get on also but were asked to please wait for the next one. Off we went down Main Street with both girls getting a chance to drive and getting their pictures taken by Disney photographers. When we got to the castle there was a CM there who asked if he could speak to the two girls and also asked Donna and I if we were going to be in the park all day. We told him yes. He talked to the girls and told them a secret they were NOT to tell us. Then he asked if we would like to be Grand Marshalls. Well of course we said yes. Actually it was our granddaughter Catie, the birthday girl who was THE Grand Marshall and we were her entourage. The girls kept the secret all day. We had wanted to buy them Mouse Ears but they kept saying no we'll get them on the way out. Well that was the secret, we all got Mouse Ears with our names on them.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix