Thread: Buying christmas presents and getting them home

Post Thanks / Like
    Last time we were in orlando shops would offer to wrap presents for us which was good because I hate wrapping gifts.

My question is would security want to open them up on the way back home?

Post Thanks / Like
    they can and will open the gift if they want to see what is inside, i would go for it as long as it doesn't cost you anything and if they don't unwrap it its a bonus if they do it hasn't cost you anything

Post Thanks / Like
    The TSA recommends not wrapping gifts, as they are subject to inspection.

However, as BC says, if there is no cost to you for the wrapping, I'd go for it and consider it a bonus if they aren't unwrapped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe on the outside of each package you could put a little note saying wrapped for free by Disney and what is in each box. That way they might just let it go and not unwrap them.

Post Thanks / Like
    does disney wrap for free then?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 53867
    does disney wrap for free then?
    I've gotten them wrapped no charge in some places, but that was awhile ago so they just might charge now.

Post Thanks / Like
    What if you had them wrapped and then shipped home? Would that work out any better? I know Dh and I got a beautiful Mickey and Minnie wedding snowglobe and I was so scared to travel with it, so we just had it shipped home. Might be something to think about. :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 53886
    What if you had them wrapped and then shipped home? Would that work out any better? I know Dh and I got a beautiful Mickey and Minnie wedding snowglobe and I was so scared to travel with it, so we just had it shipped home. Might be something to think about. :p015:
    It is still conceivable that customs could open them. Of course if you are mailing them within the states then there is no problem.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 54050
    It is still conceivable that customs could open them. Of course if you are mailing them within the states then there is no problem.
    I thought that might be the case. Well I guess then either way it would be worth a shot if the wrap is free.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the shop is going to wrap for free, you could ask for the paper that they would use, tuck it into the present box (if possible) and then wrap the gift when you get home.

No only will the airlines unwrap the present, but if for any reason you try to take a wrapped gift through WDW gates, they'll make you unwrap it. :sigh; Makes it hard to bring a wrapped gift into the parks for someone.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle