Thread: Can we pay for a resort without credit card?

Post Thanks / Like
    we're really trying to get rid of all our credit cards but are we allowed to pay for a resort with cash? I guess there can be no charging to the card then?

Post Thanks / Like
    you can use cash but you won't be able to charge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another option for you might be to use a debit card. Then you are spending just what you have, but you should be able to still charge to the room :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use TC or cash to pay for your room at WDW. No issues.

Ask the CM when you check in if you can deposit $XXX so you can charge against your KTTW card up to that amount. The main disadvantage is you'll have to keep track of the amounts, request a statement and deposit additional funds periodically.

I'm not sure if they still do this, so be sure to ask at check-in. Personally, I find it just as easy to carry a few TCs and a small amount of cash in my wallet.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, you can pay cash to pay off your resort, but how about when you book the resort ? As Shelly suggested , I have a debit card for things like airline tickets, booking , deposits on a castle meal, etc . This way I'm paying cash, rather than using a CC and the funds are coming right out of my checking account .
    I agree with wanting to pay your CC's off . We're in the same vote , but then I hear of people oweing $90,000. and think I'm no where nears in trhat kind of debt .

Post Thanks / Like
    Something else I though of--after I signed off earlier, naturally!

You can use your credit/debit card to secure the purchases to the maximum for your resort category, but keep an eye on the total and pay it of with TCs or cash before you reach the limit.

The brain obviously wasn't completely engaged this morning!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 54037
    Something else I though of--after I signed off earlier, naturally!

You can use your credit/debit card to secure the purchases to the maximum for your resort category, but keep an eye on the total and pay it of with TCs or cash before you reach the limit.

The brain obviously wasn't completely engaged this morning!
    Good Idea, Taja ! I get those senior moments, too .