Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Harambe Trip report if anyone wants to hear it again...

Post Thanks / Like
    Taken from the 2004 Trip report - nice to read it again forget how small the kids were

Matthew up at 5 am and wil not go back to sleep so we take it in turns to go Armadillo hunting - the only living thing that is een is a scary looking man in a little electric car with 'pest control' written on it - decide not to ask him about the armadillo's seen incase he goes after them - dont want that on my mind - we are in Disney after all - so if they do exist i expect they sing, dance and offer poignant insights into the human condition.

Spend all morning thinking about the strange man shooting Armadillos - leading to classic tragic disney one parent family - fighting against all the odds to make it to the saftey of the animal kingdom - can feel a movie coming on.

Get back to the room at about 7 and Thomas is surfacing - so on goes channel 96 with the continuous loop of mickey cartoons which he found the night before and we get ready for the day.

Decide on animal kingdom today as its not too big and we're all a bit tired from the day before - sure we can do it in a day and may have time to get back for an early night - park shuts at 5 this time of year.

At breakfast Thomas decides to make his mark on the culinary map by creating his own special fusion food - ladies and gentlemen I give you...........

Frosties and Marmite This boy will not eat hot dogs, burgers etc but give him a sugar coated cereal and a jar of yeast extract and he's in heaven. We have created a loony
    After breakfast Chris takes the mugs andThomas' marmite covered jumper back to the room, realising we willend up doing more washing on this holiday than we had planned.

Off to the Bus and Animal Kingdom awaits - love this park - when we came on our honeymoon it was very special - a nice park just to 'be' in and drift around.

Few characters outside that we wave to from a distance(up to now Thomas has been quite scared of the characters but is getting better everytime we see one - not rushing things just taking them at his pace at the moment)

Quick stop to see my fav. the anteater and he is not about (queue sarcastic comments from Lisa about maye he is off with the armadillos - mmmm i think - no he's helping them on their daring quest to cross I4)

Plan to go straight to the safari as we pass camp Mickey Minnie we get railroaded - literally into goint to the Pocohontas show by one of THE pushiest cast members I have met - she all but told us to go down to the show.

'But' i say 'according to the schedule its already started'
    'no matter they'll let you in'

mmmmmm says I and off we trudge down to the show

Sure enough i'ts started and they dont let us in so back on with plan A

Get to Africa and Matthew falls asleep so we grab some fruit from the stall and have a wanter around the forest trail which as always is brilliant - Thomas however is a bit bored by this as he figures it is just another trip to the zoo like Druisillas - he has by this time worked out that this is the park with the river ride in and is chanting

KA-LI R-IVER-RAPIDS over and over again. We get some strange looks from normal people and we just smile sweetly back.

Matthew wakes up and we go onto the Safari - very good lots to see today, two Rhino knocking 10 bells out of eachother being a particular highlight and of course the very sweet baby elephant. Only no show was the lions - could only see a foot poking out behind a rock. No cheetas though - sure they were there 4 years ago (or did I dream it) Thomas liked the bumpy bumpy bit ( i.e all of it)

Wander through into asia now and see divine entertaining a group of japenese tourists - never seen her before - very cleverly done - have to run off after Thomas who is now almost hysterical with chanting - decide to take him on the ride to get it over with.

Buy just 1 poncho at $6 - (for a bin liner!!! I say) for the boy and whilst Nanny looks after Matthew we get on the ride - Thomas is big enough to go on in the special seat with the drop down bar and the measuring lady gives him a special bracelet - very chuffed with this. On we get and as we drift around a vague memory is nagging at the back of my mind that last time we did this I got a bit damp - nevermind off we go.

Well you know how it goes - only one drop and 3 passengers get drenched - 2 of whom would be Lisa and Thomas. Thomas was fine as he was hermetyically sealed in his bag - Lisa was not quite so fine
    Thomas was dead keen to go around again so Nanny Daddy and Thomas went on whilst Lisa tried to get her bits dry.

Second time was very gairy for Thomas because we had in our boat the only large obnoxious swearing family of americans we met in the entire time we were in the US - the Matriach of the heard was so loud that Thomas started crying - luckily she got soaked (well it was by far the heaviest side of the boat

Lisa gives up on her now soaking trousers and she buy a pair of 'figure hugging' sweatpants with Harambe written accross the butt.

Every time Lisa bends over from this point on Chris shouts 'Harambe' - Lisa pretends she is bored of this but I know shes not

Well I suppose we should have spent another $6 after all then

Quick spin through the tigers who are all asleep and then its back to 'HARAMBE' for lunch at the Tusker house

On the way we see Baloo giving out autographs and I sit with Thomas and watch and Thomas says

'mmm do you think baloo would write in my book'

so we queue up and Thomas hugging daddy very tight hands his book to Baloo - grinning

At that moment King Louis comes hairing up out of nowhere behing thomas and slaps his hands on his back - Thomas freaks out and is not a happy bunny.

You stupid orange monkey

Off to Tusker house and Thomas is telling us all about the day he met Baloo - so he seems fine now
    Over lunch he decides he wants more autographs so we go and find Flick, Pooh, Tigger and Eeeyore and we even get some hand shaking!! Although he still will not pose for pictures yet.

Too hot to stand around in the sun in Dino land and everyone is fading what with 3 days without sleep so we decide to head back to the rooms.

Nanny surprises us all by stopping to buy a mickey stove kettle on the way out - begin to realise she is really getting into this - and with shock realise she has bought more merchandise than us!!! we will have to correct that pretty soon!!!

Stop off at the fountains outside Herbie for a quick play before a quick dinner and off to bed

Realise that we havent really done much in the animal kingdom today and we'll defintely have to go back. Pass out at about 8.30 reading to the boys.

Thought for the day - again about toilets I'm afraid - automatic ones are all well and good but if your child in 'perched on the edge' the bloomin thing keeps flushing causing him to jump in the air/off theloo or fall back into it - I hear what you are saying hold your hand over the thingy - not easy unless you have extrordinarily long arms - will take something to stick over them next time.

Post Thanks / Like
    LLOLOLOLOLOL!!! I had forgotten the details, myself!

Yes, do bring a little pad of those sticky note papers. That will help your predicament in the bathrooms. Of course, your boys may be old enough now to not need to bother!

So then? Does the Harambe garment still exist? :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    again.

Post Thanks / Like
    It does indeed - they are awesome ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Nanny? Was that your Mom or Lisa's?

I'm really a little disconcerted by all the details that seem to have left my memory bank. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It was Lisas Mum - we were extending the olive branch

Post Thanks / Like
    Lisa refused to wear the trousers when we visited their house. :rofl:

Post Thanks / Like
    no they are for 'special' occasions now

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah. Yes. Well. :spring: Best left to your private knowledge, I'm sure.

I thought it was Lisa's Mom. Just really couldn't remember. Apparently, the pixie dust wore off, eh? :(

No matter. You will be back and having a wonderful time, creating new memories before you know it!

Post Thanks / Like
    that is entirely the idea :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast