Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do you get over jet lag?

Post Thanks / Like
    last time it took all of us a week or so to get over the jet lag when we came home :( are there any effective remedies for it?

Post Thanks / Like
    When I flew to Ireland arrival time was 7:00 am. I didn't go to bed until after our dinner, much later that evening, at least 9:00 pm or later. It was tough making it through the afternoon, but the world soccer championship final game was on and that helped (what a terrific experience)!

I slept like the proverbial log (and how do logs sleep anyway) and woke ready for the day, the next morning.

So, for me not going to sleep before evening worked best.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I read this advice from an airlne pilot:

While you are away, try to have your meals at the time it would be if you were at home.
    I'm going to try that on the next trip. :)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    So that means you'd be having breakfast at about 1 or 2 am?

Not so sure that's going to work, MystikPiglit!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 54603
    So that means you'd be having breakfast at about 1 or 2 am?

Not so sure that's going to work, MystikPiglit!
    I think it would be-

Lunch 12-1pm UK = breakfast 7-8am US
    Supper 7pm UK = meal 2pm US

So it works fairly well. :)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    OK. That makes a little more sense!

I had visions of you having tea and toast in the middle of the night!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 54613
    I had visions of you having tea and toast in the middle of the night!
    Never rule that out.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! True. Sometimes it's the only way to coax those reluctant eyes to close, eh? :D

Post Thanks / Like
    We have the reverse issue of most of our UK friends. We are traveling west to east, so mornings are very difficult our first few days at WDW. In Shelly's case, they didn't exist the entire trip! Quite honestly, with a 14-week-old infant, she did very well. And she really did need some down time. :)

I usually acclimate the three hours over about five days. First day or two, can't sleep until about 3:00 a.m., but begin moving it back to midnight after that. WDW's 8:00 a.m. is our 5:00 a.m. I'm just dragging my eyes open at that time; Leu and crew usually are sound asleep! :)

Post Thanks / Like
    sleep? :p

seriously on the way there so east-west i go to bed as late as possible the first night and for once in my life i get up early. i also use nightol to help me sleep better.

On the way back i put some washing on, open the mail and then go for a sleep for a couple of hours. its a struggle getting back up but i still manage to sleep that night and now i work i go back to work the next day so as not to waste leave.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast