Thread: Skin dries out on the plane

Post Thanks / Like
    My skin dries out awfully on the plane journey to Orlando add that to the contact lenses and Im a mess

Does anyone have any tips for products that would keep my skin hydrated?

Or any routines really for a better flight

Post Thanks / Like
    I once read an article written by a flight attendant who said she could not survive flying without a mister bottle. She used plain water and simply misted her face with it frequently.

That's harder to do now, with the regulations, but perhaps you could buy a bottle of water once you cleared security and then pour it into a small mister?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    When I wore contact lenses I would take them out and wear my glasses when I flew. Also there are lots of skin conditioners out there to help keep your skin moist.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a five-hour flight--much shorter than yours, but long enough!--and my hands tend to dry out. 'Course, I'm guilty of not always taking the best care of them.

About 15 minutes before the shuttle is due to whisk me off to the airport, I apply a my favourite hand cream lightly, working it into cuticles. A few minutes later, I add a very light layer of shea butter, which helps to lock it in and add a bit more moisture. I use L'Occitane, but your favourite brand would work well.

I've also learned to avoid fragrance in moisturizers. Apart from annoying others, it doesn't seem to be as effective on my skin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot the contact lenses.

Wearing your glasses is one option. Not my favourite, as it's my signal to start shutting down for the night. Not the most appropriate signal at 5:00 a.m.!

I wear rigid gas permeable lenses, which are less drying for me than disposable or extended wear lenses. I do carry small bottles of conditioning, cleaning and rewetting solutions (1 oz. or smaller) in my 3-1-1 bag and transfer them to my purse after clearing security. I've also found that eliminating eye make-up is a good thing for extended travel time. If my eyes do bother me, at least I won't have raccoon eyes!