Ok....so I'm busy with the housework. When DH gets home, he says he will help me and do the hoovering for me. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I willingly accept and go upstairs to clean the bathroom.
The hoover goes on downstairs and I think to myself how lucky I am that DH is helping me when BOOM I hear an explosion downstairs and the smoke alarm is going off!
My ears ringing, I run downstairs in a panic and DH is whooping and hollering in delight :mad: He had wanted to make the house smell nice (it now stinks) so he had sprayed a load of air freshener into the hoover. Apparently the air freshener was highly flammable:4:
Anyway, the top of the hoover hit the ceiling, the buttons blew off the front and were later found in the coat rack and I now have a lovely burnt dining room carpet :signs091:
DH had better keep out of my way for a while!!!!