Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo experiences??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mental Health advisors can help you through nearly anything that you are willing to work toward. :D (Key there is you)!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL I want to not strangle 2 kids. Is there some sort of CPS for parents? WAH! lol I have totally derailed this

HIJACK...

CHECK PLEASE!

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, you are wonderful!

I have actually wanted a tattoo for years, but have just recently found some art that I truly love. Unless my shoulder skin is going to be in my calves in 40 years, I think I will be okay. :D Not too mention, aging is just a part of life. Things move south and become more wrinkled. Nothing I can do.

I'm not trying to be either ignorant nor rebellious with regards to the conservativeness of the mental health field, but when I'm on my own time, I do have the right to express myself. I realize that with this field I do take on a certain role, but I feel that I still need to be able to be myself. If that all makes sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoAlice, post: 56183
    I need a mental health advisor today...nothing to do with tatts...but Im loosing my mind...do they make a drug for that? One I can give my kids so I can keep my sanity?

True story: my aunt met her neighbor once and this lady was taking some medication while they were talking. This lady popped the pill and said that the medication was so that she could handle her kids. :surprised010:

Post Thanks / Like
    It makes total sense. One of my relatives (who has a charge nurse position in a very busy ER) has a lower back fairy (I think, or maybe butterfly, can't remember). It's never seen at work, of course, but with a swim suit, or a short top, you can certainly see it. She is ultra professional, and feels exactly like you. She is who she is, and will express that on her own time. She has her navel pierced too.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think the mental health field is as conservative as it used to be. Times change and people do as well.

I also see a lot of people who are working with kids that look more and more like the kids.

I don't have a tattoo. I always wanted one but then never got one. I kind of like being about the only person my age without one :p It makes me rebellious in a reverse sort of way.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Johnie, you rebel you. ;) They have definitely become more and more mainstream.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a tat on my lower back, im a self confessed woose when it comes to pain but didnt find it to bad at all. It took about an hour to do and am looking to getting another done but on my ankle this time :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Much of it Johnie will depend upon where you work (agency and state) and the population you are working for.

Here in FL, (not MH, but an example) working with the elderly as care givers (in an ALF) will result many times in your being asked to cover your tattoos and remove all but one set of earrings (and those need to be conventially in your ear lobes). Elders perceive tattoos and body piercing as aggressive, and feel threatened. When workers remove them, and cover the tattoos, things move much more smoothly.

Cohort group effect more than anything else, however ALFs are the homes of the elderly and not the workplace of the caregivers, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    While I admire the artwork of many tatoos, I've never had the desire to have one.

My first reaction to seeing them is pain. Absurd, but there it is. I didn't even have my ears pierced until I was 40! And I'm sticking with that single hole in each ear!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast