Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo experiences??

Post Thanks / Like
    Im a freak i know,,,tattooed and pierced!

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Freak? Only if you self identify that way. :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 55712
    I found some art by a guy named Joseph Vargo that I'm just in love with it. When I saw it, I knew it was just it. It's a little dark, but sensual. :D
    Good choice. :)

I had my first tattoo at 40, a dragon on my upper arm,and 2 more after that. I would absolutely love more but now that I have an impaired immune system it would probably be a bad idea. :(
    The only one that was uncomfortable was on my wrist. When the bone started to vibrate it made me feel queasy.... :rolleyes008:

The 2 most important factors are-
    Choose a design that you will still love in 20 years time.
    Go to the best tattooist you can find.

Then.. Enjoy!! :D
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 56580
    Much of it Johnie will depend upon where you work (agency and state) and the population you are working for.

Here in FL, (not MH, but an example) working with the elderly as care givers (in an ALF) will result many times in your being asked to cover your tattoos and remove all but one set of earrings (and those need to be conventially in your ear lobes). Elders perceive tattoos and body piercing as aggressive, and feel threatened. When workers remove them, and cover the tattoos, things move much more smoothly.

Cohort group effect more than anything else, however ALFs are the homes of the elderly and not the workplace of the caregivers, eh?
    Totally agree with that.

I often wonder how the future will look when all the elderly are pierced and tattooed with names like Skyler, Brittany, Hunter and Heather. They will be cared for by more conservative youth with no tats and piercings named Mabel, John, Norma, etc.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    To me, a tattoo is an expression of individuality. I would never pick a piece off the wall. I don't want anyone to have what I have.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 56890
    Totally agree with that.

I often wonder how the future will look when all the elderly are pierced and tattooed with names like Skyler, Brittany, Hunter and Heather. They will be cared for by more conservative youth with no tats and piercings named Mabel, John, Norma, etc.
    We always come full circle.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have emailed my picture off to be drawn up by the artist. He's on vacation this week and then it usually takes 2 weeks. He's a very busy man obviously. Am excited. :bounce009:

Post Thanks / Like
    2 weeks?

Mine is booked 4 months in advance...

And Tink...I proudly bear the name Freak

People laugh at me cause Im so different...

I laugh at them cause they are all the same

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with you, Sarah. "Dare to be different" is a motto I've long held. I too, am a self styled freak, simply different topics of freakiness, eh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    My tattoo has finished being drawn up, I have to call on Tuesday to make an appointment. :D

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast