Thread: New York attractions

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok we have prebooked Empire State and Top of the rock for our fast upcoming holiday. Now i have been before but my cousin and her dh have not and i am not one to stop others doing what they want to do. What else is worth it. Have done Statue of Liberty but did not get off the boat as had Beth with me. Would you get the free staten island ferry or a boat cruise. Is it worth getting off.
    Also are the helicopter tours worth the money. We would be paying around 170 for 11 minute flight for two of us.
    We will be going to Woodbury common, Walmart (its 6 miles from W common, you just have to don't you) also will be going to Jersey gardens as they have a Justice for girls and its just a 15 minute ride away.
    Were are the best place for cup cakes. I want to get them on my last day to bring home for Beth.
    We will be going to Serendipity for hot chocolate.

Post Thanks / Like
    My absolute favorite thing to do in NY is to visit the Village and just walk until my heart's content, taking it all in. Visit the original Dean and Deluca. You'll be amazed. :D

Visit all the funky, neat, quirky little shops.

Battery Park. South Street Seaport. Ellis Island. Seventh Avenue Garment District. MoMa. St. Patrick's. Rockerfeller Center. Off Broadway.

I can't begin to name all the wonderful things.

Drop Butterhead a PM. He lives there, and is a wonderful source of info!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I absolutely adore the Statue of Liberty. I totally think it is worth it to go to the island. She is just stunning. We were able to book to go in the pedestal last Jan. It was freezing though so didn't stay over there as long as I would have liked.

We enjoy going to Chinatown and haggling as well. It seems I am quite good at it.

I also love to get popcorn from Dale and Thomas in Times Square. Yummy stuff.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thankyou both. We loved south street seaport last time so must remember it. I had some yummy coconut cake there.
    We will also visit Chelsea market because i love foodie places.