Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does Obama Have Ties To Terrorism

Post Thanks / Like
    From Wiki.

Alleged business connections of the Bush and bin Laden families
    Michael Moore's highly critical movie Fahrenheit 9/11 alleges strong business connections between the Bush family and the bin Laden family. Moore based most of his claims on Craig Unger's House of Bush, House of Saud which relates how Salem bin Laden invested through James R. Bath, the sole U.S. business representative for Salem bin Laden, some money in Arbusto Energy, a company run by George W. Bush[2].

Several members of the Bush family are investors in the Carlyle Group, a defense contractor and investment fund with numerous interests in the Middle East, run by former Reagan administration Secretary of Defense Frank Carlucci.[3] The media noted that former President George H. W. Bush attended an investment meeting at the Washington, D.C. Ritz-Carlton hotel on September 10, 2001 and in particular a meeting with Shafiq bin Laden, representing joint interests of the Saudi Binladin Group and Carlyle.[4] (Bush did not attend the morning of September 11, although it has been alleged that the meeting took place during the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Former Secretary of State James Baker was present, along with Carlucci.[4]) The Carlyle and Binladin groups mutually severed their business relationship on October 26, 2001.[4]

Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest there's evidence to suggest that every modern president had some shady characters in their connections.

Post Thanks / Like
    There you go then - he is prime Presidential material

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Mr McCain you have a totally clean past with no Mafia links. I'm sorry you are not qualified to be president.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 56316
    Well Mr McCain you have a totally clean past...
    Keating gave him money and tried, with some success, to get him to influence regulators back in the early 90's.

McCain has more direct links with shady people than Obama has with shady people 'by association'...

Post Thanks / Like
    Debbie, you have the right to vote anyway you wish. If you like the policies of one candidate over another, that is wonderful. I would hope that ALL Americans would vote on just that. Their platform and policy.

Over the past 4 or 5 presidential elections, character assasinations have become the norm and acceptable. IMO...the republican party uses fears, real and contrived to get their point across. Obama is Christian. Ayers did his most despicable acts 40 years ago when Obama was 8 years old.

My DSIL, and a friend in Houston send me these emails with blatant lies in them. Why I don't know. They are all based on scaring the public. IMO that is why Bush won the second term...at the "mushroom cloud" rhetoric by the VP. I for one will vote my concience, based upon the policies of the candidates. And in the words of Forrest Gump.....

"That's all I have to say about that.":p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't Adolph Hitler a Christian?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I think everyone should make informed decisions when voting. I don't beleive everything I see on the tv and neither should anyone else.

I am so tired of the hate campaigns. It just makes people look pathetic.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 56316
    Well Mr McCain you have a totally clean past with no Mafia links. I'm sorry you are not qualified to be president.
    he did cheat on his first wife so that may qualify him:rolleyes008:

Post Thanks / Like
    Were there sexual relations and how are we defining sexual relations?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast