Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Does Obama Have Ties To Terrorism

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 56506
    Were there sexual relations and how are we defining sexual relations?
    wrong party!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    D'oh!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 56492
    I think everyone should make informed decisions when voting. I don't beleive everything I see on the tv and neither should anyone else.

I am so tired of the hate campaigns. It just makes people look pathetic.
    I so totally agree :p015: Hearing things like this make me just as sick as the Caribou Barbie type comments that are going around about Palin. It just feels like jr high school all over again :rolleyes008:

Post Thanks / Like
    WoW, alot was discussed while I was gone . May I please say that I have no problem with Obama being Muslim or part African American . not that anyone thought this , I just wanted to let you know . He has as much of a right to have been Muslim as I do to be Christian . Whether he practices or Not !
    Theres this fear in people since 911 . After 911 and the findings of whom was responsible, Muslims ... that never did a thing to anyone were being targeted just becauseof their beliefs . It was sad ! We have a little store in my area , run by sweet, sweet, people from India . Just because they wear turbans they were attacked . The elder was beat senseless . It was terrible ! Now, they hear muslim, they see terrorism .
    I'm embarassed to say that I voted Bush in two terms and I won't be sorry again by giving my vote to MaCain . I have the right to just not vote . I know it took years for us women to get that right, but when you don't trust either one . I'm interested in seeing the debate . If it were any other Democrat than Obama and its not just b/c of the discussion with my friend . She just reminded me of why I felt this fear in him . And thats IMHO . Its one of those hate to love issues for me with Obama . Its almost like I'm afraid to like him too much . I keep going back to my faith . Now, Biden, I LoVe Him and this makes it even harder . I wish he had run for president .
    Latest polls, 36% Obama , 33% McCain and 31% undecided . Its going to be close . Good Luck to both candidates !

Post Thanks / Like
    Muslims were not responsible for 9-11-01. Terrorists were. The Irish are not responsible for the IRA's terrorism, the IRA is.

When a terrorist group is also identified with a larger culture it is critical to keep forefront in our thought processes, that the larger culture is not the responsible party. Christians are not responsible for what the Skin Heads do.

Any fundamental or radical group can emerge from a peace loving group. That does not make the peace loving group the responsible party.

Women died for the right to vote. I will honor their sacrifice. I can subject myself to a very difficult decision, in honor of what those women gave for me to have the right. To do less is to dishonor their memories, and the world changing gift they have given me.

Right after the Towers fell, I began to research about, and read the Qu'aran. The similarities between the Muslim faith and Christianity are mind boggling.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker, post: 56626
    WoW, alot was discussed while I was gone . May I please say that I have no problem with Obama being Muslim or part African American . not that anyone thought this , I just wanted to let you know . He has as much of a right to have been Muslim as I do to be Christian . Whether he practices or Not !
    I just have to say, he's not a Muslim. He's a practising christian and was raised by a christian mother. Yes he would have a right to be of Muslim faith if he so wanted, but he's repeatedly said that he isnt.

I'm amazed at how opponents on the right are suggesting that someone having a middle name hussein makes them a terrorist, or makes them a muslim for that matter. Never heard anything more ridiculous

I have the right to just not vote . I know it took years for us women to get that right, but when you don't trust either one .
    you do have that right but one of them is going to get in so it seems to me that it would be better to work out which one is the better.

She just reminded me of why I felt this fear in him . And thats IMHO .
    I still dont understand your fear in him. You can't be afraid because his middle name is hussein. He's not a muslim so even if that was a reason for you to be fearful that goes away

Im not trying to get you to vote for him its just that I hate all the misinformation in the media and think as intelligent people we should cut through the rubbish

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker, post: 56626
    It was sad ! We have a little store in my area , run by sweet, sweet, people from India . Just because they wear turbans they were attacked . The elder was beat senseless . It was terrible ! Now, they hear muslim, they see terrorism .
    Indian, Turban - Sikhs not Muslim.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's it though isn't it? Anyone with dark skin now is automatically labelled a muslim so therefore must have links with terrorists. I have a friend that is Hindu and she has been shouted at in the streets and all sorts of shocking things.

Ignorance!

Post Thanks / Like
    thats the word Dawn, Thank You . My point exactly Muslims were NOT responsible , but because of the colour of their skin , they were targeted .

Post Thanks / Like
    This is all starting to remind me of what happened at the start of WW2 with how the Japanese were treated and then eventually how anyone of German descent were also treated once what was happening in the concentration camps became public.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast