Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Aunts 100th Birthday

Post Thanks / Like
    Last August my wonderful Aunt Sally celebrated her 100th birthday. I have only just found the SD card and uploaded the photos but I thought I would share them. Unfortunately we couldnt celebrate her 101st this August as we were in Florida. She is an amazing lady. She used to be a head teacher and unbelievably has been retired for 40 years. She still cooks and bakes as well as doing her housework. Her house is a palace and her garden immaculate. She is totally in control of her marbles and as sharp as a bell. She reads a lot, does cryptic crosswords, plays scrabble, does sudoku and goodness knows what else. I dont think I am in any of the photos but there are lots of cousins, nieces, nephews, great nieces and nephews and great great nieces and nephews. It was a fab day with about 300 people calling and nearly 200 birthday cards.

Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    wow thats really good. I especially like the card from the queen... thats definatley one for the keep-box!

Great pictures, your aunt sounds like a wonderful lady, and such a grand age to live till!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    What a beautiful event to share with us Mags. Thank you so much! Your Aunt epitomizes all the good that comes from a healthy aging. No recriminations for the past, no regrets, keeping the mind active on a daily basis, keeping the body as active as you can tolerate, and controlling your life-remaining independent and your own decision maker.

It's wonderful that she has such a large family to share her birthdays with her!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    WoW, 101 , she looks great . Bless Her ... Thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like
    wow - how fantastic!

a card from the Queen and was that a visit from the Mayor too.....good for her!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow 101 years old. Thanks for sharing the 100th birthday pictures with us. Wish your Aunt all the best for many more years.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    What wonderful pictures! :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    How does she feel about making it to 101?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammiepo, post: 56286
    How does she feel about making it to 101?
    She loves it! She wants to live for ever. Her health is good and she still involves herself in the WI (Womens Institute), church groups, raising money for charity, setting quizzes etc. She is the matriarch of the family and when she says 'jump', we all say 'How high?'. We love her though and wouldnt have it any other way. :p015:
    Edited as I have just been sent some photos of her 101st. she is still looking sprightly!

Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Thanks for sharing those photos, Mags!

Your aunt sounds like a wonderful person. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast