Thread: how did your toddlers react to huge characters?

Post Thanks / Like
    Kind of worried about this really. I can see a huge melt down in the middle of the character meal

Any ideas on how to get them used to huge characters coming to say hello

Post Thanks / Like
    When DD was 2 she was wary of them for the first few days - they were very good with her at the character meals we sat her in a high chair at the back of the table and the servers let them know that she just wanted to wave at them and not to go near!

After a few days she was running up to them and there was no stopping her

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    We had one who freaked the other was lost in huge cuddles of fur - Regretably there is no way of knowing until you are there - Although TBH if you pick the pooh character meal they are prett 'safe' characters

Post Thanks / Like
    Ours were straight in there for hugs. Except Harry who refused to hug Stitch because he was "too gairy". The fear only lasted a minute though and Stitch got a huge hug. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    When Maisie was little she loved all the characters but wouldn't go near Jafar for love nor money! I agree with Skywatcher. Pooh and friends are a good place to start.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jafar is scary though. I was eating in Marrakesh with Adrian and he just went and stood behind a small child on the next table. Small child turned round and screamed the place down. Norty Jafar. :rofl:

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Katelyn has not been to WDW yet, but she seems to just love the characters she has seen. She would have followed the Easter bunny to the ends of the earth if we let her, and we did go to an amusement park this summer that had the wiggles (dorthy, henry etc.), and bugs bunny and the like. Is there anything you have that you can try her out on? What about Santa? Is she afraid of him?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ds loved the characters as long as they didn't tough him. We saw our first one waiting for our table at Chef Mickey's. DS kept pointing and staring at Mickey Mouse across the room and smiling. But when MM came to our table DS got very shy and wouldn't look at him. Definatley wouldn't give him his hand.

By the end of the trip though DS warmed up to Tigger and Piglet. He would actually give them '5' but NO HUGS!

One of the best things we did was keep telling DS who the characters were. "Look there's MICKEY MOUSE!" We kept repeating his name. It made him not so scared cause I always sing Mickey Mouse Club song at home.
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some superb video footage of Zoe age 2 screaming at DLp. Shouting "Take that mouse away". Still makes me laugh to this day. As others have said i think you can only tell when a child is confronted with a 6ft hairball.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Daniel's still wary of characters and is 14! Caitlin however is the one smothered with fur!