Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird laws

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, so Mike and I were dining at our local Denny's this evening. Mike orders the Grand Slam Extravaganza thingie. He gets eggs with it and orders them sunny side up. The waitress tells him he can't get them like that.....apparently sunny side up eggs are against the law in Hopewell I have lived here for 9 years and have never heard this.....

What weird laws do you have in your locality?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably a health department ruling. You have to have a minimum temperature for hot foods, usually 145 degrees. A sunnyside up egg can't attain that temp, so they can't legally be served.

Weird laws? Not sure how weird, more like a holdover from ancient times, but in Winter Garden alcohol is not sold on Sundays. (Like it stops anyone).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    That is weird Johnie . Here in NJ , you have to serve food in order to able to serve alcohol on Sundays .

Post Thanks / Like
    thats how it was here in Colorado until this last July...the alcohol I mean...off to look for weird laws here!

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    In Denver, it is unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next door neighbor

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    In chester you are legally allowed to stand on the city walls and kill a welshman with a bow and arrow at midnight..... so my english teacher says..
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a law of our country but Starbucks, apparently they are not allowed to name low fat food skinny anymore :rolleyes008:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 56647
    In chester you are legally allowed to stand on the city walls and kill a welshman with a bow and arrow at midnight..... so my english teacher says..
    Isnt it in Chester they also throw cheese down a hill and chase it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Laws that are still valid in the city of Chicago

All businesses entering into contracts with the city must sift through their records and report any business they had dealing with slaves during the era of slavery.

You are forbidden to eat in a place that is on fire.

It is illegal to give a dog whiskey.

It is forbidden to fish while sitting on a giraffe’s neck.

Kites may not be flown within the city limits.

It is illegal to drink beer out of a bucket while sitting on the curb.

And my favorite one :rolleyes008:
    It is legal to protest naked in front of city hall as long as you are under seventeen years of age and have legal permits.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast