Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Point & Shoot?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Fuji F10 finally gave up while in Disney World last week, so I'm looking for a new point and shoot...anyone have a favorite?

Must haves:

Lithium Ion (or the like) rechargeable battery
    Optical Zoom of 3x or higher
    xd or sd card

size and price less important than the aforementioned

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like our Fuji. It's 10x optical zoom and uses an SD card. It takes 4 AA batteries though. You could buy rechargable ones.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Love my little pink Sony ..Cybershot?!? I think?

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my Sony T2. Bright green and has a 4g internal memory plus space for a memory card. FAb little camera.

Post Thanks / Like
    the Fujifilm FinePix F100fd was recommended to me

its supposed to be small,5x zoom and really good in darker situations

Post Thanks / Like
    Panasonic Lumix cameras are pretty cool. Leica lenses! Maybe LZ8 or LZ10. Has 5x optical zoom and a 30 mm wide angle setting, nice for the shots at WDW.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a really tough one for me, I'll start out saying I don't know the answer, wish I did!

I bought a panasonic lumix for the 10x zoom but have been consistently disappointed by it :( so I spoke to a couple of friends who bought at the same time I did. They both said the same! The images just arent popping :/

If you only want a 3x zoom, you can get very compact nice cameras with face detection and a whole lot of nice features like the fuji 1000fd or even smaller ones!

At the sort of 200pounds /400dollars level, they all have pretty much the same features but the different makes do have different output styles straight from the camera. That does matter to me but doesnt to everyone!

Canon errs on the side of being a little dull... once you load them up and give them pop, theyre great. The look is almost.... hmm unreal in some situations because the sensors are SO clean

nikon looks most film like... normal

sony looks really vivid with photos popping with no work needed

Obviously you can set different levels of colour/contrast on most of them anyway so the above isnt necessarily the be all/end all but its something to consider.

I would say I've known people who've had sony all their life be upset with their new canon camera for example until they know how to tune it. Even then they end up going back to sony for that "pop" :)

Im tempted by the new nikon s710
    COOLPIX S710
    The S710 is a top quality, high-performance digital camera with 14.5 effective megapixels. It includes a 3.6x optical zoom covering a wide-angle 28 mm, four exposure modes (P/S/A/M) to allow users to fully control the camera settings or leave it up to the camera to decide the best settings and Scene Auto Selector. Four anti-blur features ensure sharp images at all times, even for objects on the move: lens-shift Vibration Reduction (VR), a sensitivity range up to ISO 12800, Best Shot Selector and Motion Detection. Thanks to its Face-priority AF, it can recognise up to 12 faces, so that you’ll not be disappointed again when shooting that group photo. Selecting a shot is easy with its extra-large 3-inch wide-viewing angle TFT monitor with anti-reflection coating. It has a robust exterior design with highly-durable stainless steel body. With advanced features and superior portability, this is the camera for those looking for a compact camera that offers top-level images in a sophisticated design. The S710 will be in Urban Black, Titanium Silver and Deep Red retail as of mid-September for a MSRP of €329.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Played with the Lumix last night...I like the camera itself...it feels good in my hands...

I found a preorder for the S710 @ Circuit City $349, it won't be released until 10/17 though....was hoping to have one, erm, nowish, so that I could take it leaf peeping with me this weekend....but it looks nice...might be worth waiting on :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Becca, I have an older lumix and it performs very well. It was given to the participants in the Alaska conference a few years ago. I took sharp images and the 6x optical was nice. My SIL got a newer one, and the images are very sharp. I think the lenses are very very good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 57542
    Played with the Lumix last night...I like the camera itself...it feels good in my hands...

I found a preorder for the S710 @ Circuit City $349, it won't be released until 10/17 though....was hoping to have one, erm, nowish, so that I could take it leaf peeping with me this weekend....but it looks nice...might be worth waiting on :D
    yeah the whole "I want it NOWWWW" thing, I'm subject to that myself :D

The Lumix may have changed. One of the people who got one was Mickeymac and we emailed back and forth for ages saying does this look right? no, how about this one? and we tried allsorts of things.. at the end we both decided that there was something wrong with the kit (because hey it couldnt POSSIBLY be us ;) but that it was probably something more like it just didnt work the way we'd expect if that makes sense?

I wont be buying another :( I dont "trust" it now
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast