Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: disney to ban slrs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 57361
    thank god I haven't got an SLR. I think its a sad reflection on how celebrity obsessed modern culture is.
    or how risk adverse society is :rolleyes008:

Post Thanks / Like
    My biggest lens is 7½" squished up and 11½" extended.
    Three of my lenses are over 6" but my new 28-300 sigma lens is only 4" closed up. Are they measuring lenses at full stretch or closed up?

Everyone needs a hug in the morning
    and one at the end of the day.
    As many as possible squeezed in between
    to keep lifes troubles at bay.

What’s another word for Thesaurus?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogun, post: 57370
    My biggest lens is 7½" squshed up and 11½" extended.
    Three of my lenses are over 6" but my new 28-300 sigma lens is only 4" closed up. Are they measuring lenses at full stretch or closed up?
    the rumour buzz is that they've been given a checklist with a standard sized slr, call it a 350d or something, with small kit lens and told anything over that to be called a professional camera
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a little confused. Although we rarely take it out anymore, we have a Canon (film use) camera with a huge lens. I'm not going to go up and measure it right now, but if it were over six inches, is this what they are talking about?

I have never really understood what an SLR camera is. Is it a film camera, or a very elaborate digital?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 57374
    I'm a little confused. Although we rarely take it out anymore, we have a Canon (film use) camera with a huge lens. I'm not going to go up and measure it right now, but if it were over six inches, is this what they are talking about?

I have never really understood what an SLR camera is. Is it a film camera, or a very elaborate digital?
    an SLR is typically one with a defined body with an interchangeable lens sticking out the front as opposed to a compact which will be smaller and have it all built in

So yep that would basically be what they're on about

It seems from reading around that they're struggling with more and more amateurs who have great professional quality kit and the professionals who are there to grab shots of stars.

So some pen pusher has said we have to do something about this before the stars go elsewhere and has made a decree.

Apparently the line to take if stopped is that you're a holiday maker, this is the only camera you brought, you'd be devistated if disney prevented you from taking photos and if they keep on, ask for a manager.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    And we ALL know that when men say they have got a six incher it really is only about a four incher in truth.................

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola DeVille, post: 57390
    And we ALL know that when men say they have got a six incher it really is only about a four incher in truth.................
    ...its not fair on Mick that you always mention this.....cant always help the afflicted though i suppose ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave's is 11 inches wait till he reads this when he comes home from work bet he will be very unhappy :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 57491
    Dave's is 11 inches wait till he reads this when he comes home from work bet he will be very unhappy :(
    There's a joke there somewhere's and I not touching it.... :shocked025:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 57491
    lucky you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast