Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Serious request

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 57823
    They closed 6 prisons so I imagine they are going to house the inmates at the other prisons.
    Wow! Talk about overpopulation.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just counted 44 prisons on the DOC website. Only 2 are for women.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    There used to be 6 male juvenile prisons in Indiana and 1 female juvenile. They are down to a lot less and are way overpopulated. It's sad that both of our states need that many in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard some more about Kaine's plan. Yikes! Does the state follow seniority for job reduction? It seems like here in this city, it is the opposite, they are firing the senior people to cut the budget.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think they are going to force people to retire or take early retirement. We have several people in our office who have with the agency for over 30 years.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man, that really stinks! Crossing fingers toes eyes for everyone out there who's going through this stress!
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 57986
    I heard some more about Kaine's plan. Yikes! Does the state follow seniority for job reduction? It seems like here in this city, it is the opposite, they are firing the senior people to cut the budget.
    That's common in the business world, Dan. They eliminate higher salaries and higher insurance costs--not to mention additional vacation/personal days accrued with years of service. :sigh;

For everyone. I think we're going to need it!

The State of Arizona had a huge budget deficit this year. They robbed Peter to pay Paul, taking funds from oversight agencies that are funded through members dues and not through tax revenue. They left the oversight agencies with very little operating capital--some have had to lay off people already. Which is scarey, when you consider they regulate doctors, dentists, contractors, etc.

Makes me wonder who handles the state's finances. Do the legislators and administrators stick their heads in the sand when presented with financial information? There were clear signs of problems early in the fiscal year, but they waited until the last minute to address them. :sigh;

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234