Thread: If a reservation is for 5 people what if only 2 turn up?

Post Thanks / Like
    We've got some adrs for 5 but it looks like only 2 will be able to make it do we have to cancel and rebook becuase im not sure we'll be able to get the same time date and things

or will they be ok if only 2 turn up

Post Thanks / Like
    We have done the same thing and it's been fine. Unless you have a ADR that you've had to pre-pay or put a credit card hold on, I wouldn't call. Chances are they wouldn't be able to rebook you.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 58017
    We have done the same thing and it's been fine. Unless you have a ADR that you've had to pre-pay or put a credit card hold on, I wouldn't call. Chances are they wouldn't be able to rebook you.
    Ditto.

We had this dilema a number of times last week but they didn't mind. It's easier to get a seat for less people than add one or two more!

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, out of courtesy, if you definitely know that some folks will not turn up then I would contact them and let them know.
    You would be allocated a table for two and then space is likely to be available should anyone else decide to dine there.

Post Thanks / Like
    We've tried that in the past but have been told the place is all booked up. It seems they won't give a table for 4 to a party of 2. Usually, we have an extra person or two to add to the reservation, not the reverse.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!