Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats at the kona cafe?

Post Thanks / Like
    i know its at the polynesian but we've never been to that resort so is kona a full service restaurant or a quick service?

Post Thanks / Like
    It's full service - we had a lovely breakfast there last year and hopefully will go back again next year for breakfast and dinner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 57896
    It's full service - we had a lovely breakfast there last year and hopefully will go back again next year for breakfast and dinner.
    thanks lisa what kind of things do you find there? anything especially nice?

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the famous 'Tonga Toast' for breakfast which is a large slab of banana stuffed french toast and it was yummy. I think I have a photo of the menu somewhere - I'll go and check.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Not the best of quality sorry but hopefully you can get the idea

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    OK Tonga Toast ...

And The Big Kahuna ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a birthday breakfast here at the end of this past August. I have to say the service was not pleasant from the server (but nice from everyone else) and the food was really poor. No one had the tonga toast though.

I don't know if it was because of free dining (which was in effect, but we didn't use) or if the place is truly falling off.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 58083
    We had a birthday breakfast here at the end of this past August. I have to say the service was not pleasant from the server (but nice from everyone else) and the food was really poor. No one had the tonga toast though.

I don't know if it was because of free dining (which was in effect, but we didn't use) or if the place is truly falling off.
    We had a lovely meal last year and our server was fantastic, a really fun man from NY - actually one of the best servers we had the whole trip.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    That Tonga Toast was huge. We had it the last time we ate breakfast at the Kona Cafe.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    It was! Our server kept joking with me about English people not liking too much sweet stuff and to hold off with the syrup and he bet I would never eat it all - I won that bet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast