1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

4 night Disney dream cruise?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by keith, Jun 10, 2012.

1. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I've just been looking around as you do and in december theres a 4 night cruise on the dream available the day after we get to Orlando. To be honest it doesn't seem very expensive and I'm wondering if it's worth a try to get our feet wet on cruising so to speak :tongue:

The itinerary seems to basically be Nassau. Castaway cay and back to Florida the 5 nighter looks better but no cheapy fares left on that

So how good is it ? Anyone done that 4night one?

Any hints..?

If we stayed at a hotel near the port the first night is there Disney transport back to Disney after the cruise or anything ?
  2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

OMG am I seeing things.................:thud:
  3. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

The things he'll do to avoid me! Lol
  4. Wendy

:laugh: he will do everything he possibly can, just ask Becca and Johnie :lol:

He managed to avoid us a few years back as well, Becca, Johnie, Chris and I were thinking about just turning up at the Contemporary and kidnapping him :lol: :lol:
  5. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

:mental:

The news I've been waiting to hear!

Book a package! :yes:

You can arrange pre and post cruise stays at Disney World. Disney has busses that will provide transportation to and from your Disney hotel to Port Canaveral. More info here.

I personally think 4 days is too short. However, as a "get your feet wet" type introduction to cruising, it might be a good idea. Just be prepared that when it's over, you'll definitely be wanting to do it again. But longer next time!

Go forth and sail young man! :sail:

Tom :)macwave:... but you knew I'd say that!)
  6. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Yep as Tom said, a 4 day cruise is just about the minimum cruise length that I would go for given the choice. We did a 3 day cruise a few years ago but it seemed that as soon as we had embarked, it was time to disembark! :lol:

I`m really pleased that we have convinced you to consider cruisin` at last...who knows after you`ve done it , maybe you could get Chris to follow suit. :fingers:
  7. Wendy

I'm working on it :D after all we need to do something different next year for our silver wedding anniversary :fingers: although he wants to go to the Keys :rolleyes:
  8. Slowhand

You could easily do both Wendy. :yes: That way everyone is happy. :thumbsup:
  9. keith

Im still really worried about the dining arrangements :/

I mean I'm bad enough at meeting people I know I get on with never mind random people on a cruise :/ I'm not sure I want to have to make conversation at every meal time

The problem is you lot are all really friendly people so I dont think you have the same problem as grumpy old me :lol:
  10. catrancher

It's only a 4 day cruise for goodness sake. Now, suppose you and your DW have dinner one night in Palo or Remy. That's still leaves only 3 nights that you'd be dining with other people. One for each of the different dining rooms. And keep in mind that Disney "seems" to try to seat people together in like groups. For instance, on our 4 different cruises, my DW and I were only seated at a table with people who had children on one of those cruises. The other 3 were strictly adults.

Remember, your dining partners are more than likely going to be Disney fans too. Just like you. And the theming in the restaurants will certainly give you things to talk about. Especially Animators Palette. And finally, keep in mind that sometimes, you meet the nicest people there.
    Like when my DW and I met Sir Slowhand and his better half. Couldn't ask for better. :yes:

Tom :)macwave:... go ahead. You will enjoy it. Immensely!)
  11. keith

Well see I know that's true :yes:

hmmmm.. so there are other restaurants one can pay more to go to which wouldnt have the assigned seating thingy?
  12. Wendy

I completely understand :hug2: I'm not that good at meeting people, I'm ok once I know them but I am very quiet and shy. The first time I met some people on here, I was very quiet, we sat on a table on our own when everyone else was laughing and talking and sitting together. It was only because Terry and Sue came and sat with us that I opened up a bit, I think it was still Chris that did most of the talking then though :lol:

When we met Tom and his wife I was a bag of nerves :anxious: again thank goodness for Chris and his ability to talk to anyone :lol:

So sitting at a table with complete strangers having dinner is also my worst nightmare :anxious:
  13. keith

Exactly! in fact I'm sure Terry won't remember but we were standing by ourselves at a Disney wedding when him and Sue came and talked to us like we were old friends :lol: totally wonderful and I wish I could do that but I've just not got that ability. Sure did make us feel a whole lot better!

I do hope to meet Sir Tom and Wife one of these days :yes:

yeah I mean hmpfh :/ I just dont know
  14. catrancher

Absolutely. If you can get in. :unsure:

There's "Palo" and "Remy". However both of these fill up very fast. Here's the schedule of when you can book Remy:

Concierge Guests: 120 days in advance
    First Time Cruiser: 75 days in advance

If you can't book in advance because they're "full", don't give up. Try again as soon as you board the ship. My DW and I have never been able to get Palo reservations in advance but have always been able to get them as soon as we boarded. But there's no guarantee.

Beyond that, if it's the Dream we're talking about, there's "Cabanas". It's a buffet type place that's open to you almost anytime. If you chose, you could even have dinner there. And there's no assigned seating in it. But then you'd miss the show that is dinner.

Tom :)macwave:... quick as you can now...)
  15. catrancher

You could never have proved that by me. Both my DW and I thought you were both delightful! :yes:

Tom :)macwave:... occasionally gregarious...)
  16. catrancher

How odd... I share the same hope. :fingers:

Tom :)macwave:... tis true!)
  17. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

The last cruise DW and I went on, had options for couples. It was on the Allure of the Seas (RCL) and they had seatings (early or late) but there was like a "will call" option where you could walk up and request a different time or have a different server. There were a few 2 top tables as well. I have had really fantastic experiences meeting new people during the cruises and the best part for me was getting to know our server. If you are lucky enough to get a really top notch one, you will look forward to going to the seatings and the server will make you all feel comfortable. I think Disney has the same server follow you through the different dining halls right?
  18. catrancher

That's correct. In fact, your entire dining room staff follows you from one restaurant to the next.

Tom :)macwave:... so they get to know your preferences...)
  19. Wendy

Thank you Tom that is so kind, you didn't hear or see me in full panic before you arrived :lol: We really did have a lovely evening though :) :hug2:

Keith, I guess you could go the same time as us next year and then we'll do the 4 day together. I guess that way at least we'll take up most of the table and by the time Chris has talked to everyone else and found out everything we should be ok :lol: :wink:
  20. Slowhand

I remember that evening well. If I recall it was the day of your arrival and my DW and I were dining in the Flying Fish that evening so we all arranged to meet in the bar above the Flying Fish.
    I do remember having to describe Tom to you though, just in case you plonked yourself down in front of complete strangers. :lol:
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012