Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Dream Trip To Disney World Nov/Dec '08 - Pre-trip Report

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by caz1712, post: 61866
    Hope you have have good night and hope to catch you later!

Oh no Claire -whats up?

xxx
    teresa jack and robyn cant make it!!

will have to re think x
    Claire xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Carreen

Well done you for copying this over must have taken a while, it was nice to re read it again. you are so organised i am now starting to wobble a bit i have a plan and tickets but i dont have any tshirts my guys wont wear them, yours and claires look amazing. I did have a another giggle at the race for life pictures...but like i said before it looked great fun, well done you guys for taking part.

i must join msn if thats ok, web cam sounds fun..

take care
    xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovesnowwhitej, post: 62052
    Hey Carreen

Well done you for copying this over must have taken a while, it was nice to re read it again. you are so organised i am now starting to wobble a bit i have a plan and tickets but i dont have any tshirts my guys wont wear them, yours and claires look amazing. I did have a another giggle at the race for life pictures...but like i said before it looked great fun, well done you guys for taking part.

i must join msn if thats ok, web cam sounds fun..

take care
    xx
    Yeah it took a while - luckily the little one gets up at ungodly hours and just veggies on the couch with his milk so I got a bit of time to get it done!

I really need to start getting on but with Half term and the Girly MSN chats I'm getting very little done!:p015:

I'm sure the girls won't mind you joining in - do you girlies?

PM me your MSN addy and I will get you added on!

xxx
    Carreen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Part 15 – 1st November 2008

Hi guys! I know its been a few weeks since I updated but guess what??? Today I can finally say – “We’re going to Disneyworld this MONTH!!!!!” I am soo excited three weeks tomorrow we will be leaving for Manchester! We are now finally on the last page of our countdown calendar and its great to see!

So what been happening? Well Paddy’s wee fiesta didn’t make it through the MOT so it had to be scrapped (all together now….Awwwww) and what did he go and do…..he went and bought me a Vauxhall Zafira and he has took my Focus CMAX. So we have now cancelled the 7 seater car hire up and down to Manchester but bad news is we did a trial run with the bags ( we just filled them with everything we had been buying for holiday and some dirty washing! ) and OMG its going to be really really tight! Between 6 of us we have 4 filled Holdalls and was planning on taking an empty case. This all fits in but it is going to be one uncomfortable car journey me thinks!! So we will probably have to curb the spending slightly! Don’t know how I’m going to break that news to my mother mind you!LOL

So I need to book airport parking now also – so that’s now been added to my “to do” list – which is getting longer by the day!
    I purchased a lovely little Tinkerbelle notebook and pens from ebay so that I can write all my notes for the trippie in!

It was half term a few weeks ago and the boys and I had a Disney DVD day and we watched loads! Peter Pan, The Lion King, Lilo and Stitch, Cars, Monsters Inc and the favourite surprisingly enough was….wait for it……Sleeping Beauty!!!! Here s a picture of them engrossed in it:

As its Paddy and my 10th Wedding anniversary a few days after we get home I wanted to do something for him while we are away. I know he really fancied doing the Richard Petty Driving Experience but I just can’t afford that just now and after seeing him watch a couple of videos on You tube of the Drivealong I thought I would just go ahead and book this for him. Not quite the same but it will give him a little taster and hopefully he will be able to go to Daytona sometime in the future and drive himself!

So I printed off a little certificate that the lady who done the other invitations had designed and I put his name and date in the little box myself ( although you won’t be able to see it in the picture as its tiny. I then attatched the actual voucher to it. I’ve made a little card with a poem on it to go in the envelope as well:

The last few weeks my evenings have been spent printing out the journal pages for the two older boys! OMG the pages look even better on paper than they do on screen but it has cost me an absolute fortune in ink – 8 colour cartridges and 3 black later but they look stunning! I am waiting on the covers being designed so that I can then take them to staples to be bound and as soon as I have them I will be posting pictures! I think the boys will have fun filling them out, plus its something they can take into school with them to show everyone what they done!

I also ordered my dollars the other day! Having watched the slow demise of the dollar over the last few weeks I had been kicking myself at not buying sooner but hey you live and learn don’t you! So after it had took a nosedive to 1.49 and then the next day it went back up to 1.54 I decided to bite the bullet and order! So order I did through Tesco !

Typically though the next again day the rate jumped up to 1.60 – hey ho though its done now! My god its felt good having those dollars in my hand – they smell soooo good!!!!

I’ve also been watching the weather and it seemed to have turned rather cold in Orlando ( well cold for them – not nearly as cold as it is here in lovely Scotland mind you!) so have been looking at clothes and worrying about what to pack! I keep thinking we are taking too much but I really want to be prepared for all weather. I know we can buy out there but money is tight and we don’t have as much dollars with us as I was hoping for so can’t really afford to just buy clothes for the sake of it.

You know there is loads more proabaly to tell but I can’t for the life of me think straight so think I will leave it there and collect my thoughts properly and then update again!

xxx
    Carreen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Paddy'll be pleased with his gift!

Boys look so sweet watching the films!

Me and Gavin parked here, can't recommend them enough

Post Thanks / Like
    Woohoo those $$$$ look so good!

I think you can guarantee another 10 years with that surprise hun

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodie, post: 68450
    Paddy'll be pleased with his gift!

Boys look so sweet watching the films!

Me and Gavin parked here, can't recommend them enough

Thanks Jodie!

I'm pretty sure thats the one we were planning on using as we have used them before when we flew to Cost del Sun from Manchester - great service!

xxx
    Carreen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 68460
    Woohoo those $$$$ look so good!

I think you can guarantee another 10 years with that surprise hun

Aww thanks babe! I wish I could have afforded the proper driving but hey its always leaving plenty to do for a next time eh?

xxx
    Carreen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update Carren. I haven't been on for ages, what with half-term and DD2 birthday. Took me a whole day to make her a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Cake.
    DD's have sleeping Beauty and I think I've now seen it at least ten times.

Hope you hubby likes the Richard Petty experience. Have to say I was quite happy standing at the side and watching when my friend done it. He loved it and wanted to go again straight after. He obviously didn't realise that I had an appointment with Mickey.

I can't believe that your holiday is approaching so quickly and OMG those $$$ lot so good.

Look forward to more updates before you go:fun50:
    Tracey

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tracey!

You'll need to post pictures of your cake! I'l bet it looked fab! I was going to order a cake through Disney for Aaron's birthday dinner at Crystal Palace. After reading alot of info on another forum regarding the cakes I phoned last week to order and the lady was far from helpful at all. The info she was giving me was nothing like what was given on the forum so I've decided to save myself the $40+ and just get one from Publix as I here they do lovely cakes as well! Plus it means we won't have to lug around a half eaten cake at the park we can save it for midnight feasting!!!LOL

Hope your daughters birthday was fun for her!

xxx
    Carreen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast