Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wish I`d been there!

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I`d like to share this with you.

As many of you know, my DW and I returned home from Florida on Monday 13th. On entering our house we saw a note left by the folks who had been the key holders of our house while we had been away.
    Apparently our burglar alarm had gone off at 11.30 pm on Sunday [12th] and the alarm company had rang them [getting them out of bed] to check things out.
    On arrival to our house they were greeted by a police response unit c/w a police dog and handler! :shocked025: They went through every room of our house but could not see any sign of a forced entry.
    They finally decided to check out our cellar which has been converted into a "boys room" with a pool table and bar etc. and saw a bat flying around which had obviously activated the sensor located down there which had triggered the alarm.
    Our friends tell me that it was like a scene from the Keystone Cops with two burly policemen with a German shepherd in tow chasing around the place trying to catch the critter using anything they could lay their hands [or paws ] on!
    Eventually the "suspect" was caught and released back outside to carry on with his business....probably receiving a police caution for his/her efforts.

How I would have loved to have been there to witness it.

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of years ago I dialled 999 because there were people in my neighbour's house and I knew they were away for the weekend. The people left just before a whole battery of cars screeched up and ran around the house. Fortunately the suspects got away because they turned out to be my neighbour's nephew come in to change the tape on the security camera.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 60089

A couple of years ago I dialled 999 because there were people in my neighbour's house and I knew they were away for the weekend. The people left just before a whole battery of cars screeched up and ran around the house. Fortunately the suspects got away because they turned out to be my neighbour's nephew come in to change the tape on the security camera.
    Now that`s a more amusing tale than mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Who was it that had the bat in the house and hid under a blanket with a box of Cheerios?

Shelly - your name rings a bell here.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have been called to my MIL's once. A very tacky christmas decoration had blown in front of the sensor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 60095
    Who was it that had the bat in the house and hid under a blanket with a box of Cheerios?

Shelly - your name rings a bell here.
    It was Renae - or Cindernaenae!

Has anyone invited her here? ;)
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like

Go and get her. We want to here the bat story again.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Then I'd have to go "there":shocked025:

Oh well if it's for the bat story....

There is a scary thunderstorm that's been rattling my house for the last hour, luckily it's nearly gone. Thought we'd lose power there a few times - that was gairy! :scared004:
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    Terry, that is funny. Although I'm sure it wasn't so funny at that time of night for your keyholders. Wonder how the bat got into your cellar.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 60117
    Wonder how the bat got into your cellar.
    That`s a good question John.
    I`ve searched high and low for an entry point to no avail. ...Spooky eh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast