Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: villa cleaning?

Post Thanks / Like
    just wondering if we hire a villa do we just clean as we go along or do they have people coming in to clean/make beds and so on. sorry if its a stupid question but I honestly dont know

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by goofygal, post: 60137
    just wondering if we hire a villa do we just clean as we go along or do they have people coming in to clean/make beds and so on. sorry if its a stupid question but I honestly dont know
    Our property managers arrange for a clean before anyone stays there. After that they can arrange for further cleaning if required [at the renters expense], but apart from that you are left alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its quite a few years since I was doing it, but I used to be a rep looking after people staying in villas.
    Generally, we would get a full clean done at the end of a stay but interim cleaning was up to the guest at the time. There was always clean bedding in the cupboards so if you wanted to change your linen during your stay you could use the washer and dryer and do this yourself. We did occaisionally go in and do an interim clean for a guest but that would be at extra cost.
    I don't know how other villa owners/companies work but this was how we did it.
    Hope this helps X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sarah

1990 - lived in Buena Ventura Lakes, Kissimmee - Holiday rep.
    2002 - December DLRP Santa Fe (DS birthday)
    2007 - October WDW Radisson Hotel Celebration
    3 weeks.
    2009 - January DLRP Sequoia Lodge

Post Thanks / Like
    The villa we have booked will have a full clean done before we arrive. We can pay for an interim clean if we want. I figure it's just a case of making beds and slinging stuff in the dishwasher while we're there and on the last day have a run round with the noo-noo and make sure the bathrooms aren't health hazards. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 60173
    The villa we have booked will have a full clean done before we arrive. We can pay for an interim clean if we want. I figure it's just a case of making beds and slinging stuff in the dishwasher while we're there and on the last day have a run round with the noo-noo and make sure the bathrooms aren't health hazards. :D
    The "noo-noo"?

Translation, please?

This is one of those times when I'm not sure we're speaking the same language!

Post Thanks / Like
    I assume it`s a Hoover [vacuum cleaner?]

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's Noo Noo

Post Thanks / Like
    Does everyone strip the beds and put the first lot of laundry on just before they leave the villa on the last day?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 60526
    Does everyone strip the beds and put the first lot of laundry on just before they leave the villa on the last day?
    We normally suggest that they strip the beds and place the linen and any used towels etc. in the laundry area so that the cleaners can launder the items after our guests have left.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 60521
    Here's Noo Noo

And I'm soooooooooo not touching this one........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast