pc here, dont no why. i guess its cos thats what i no
    :tongue0011-1:been before and cant wait to go again:tongue0011-1:

Post Thanks / Like
    pcs around here although Ive been looking at macs

Post Thanks / Like
    used to be acorn but now pc

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hex, post: 61637
    Ubuntu Linux on PC hardawre... Windows is not touching my main machine :)

I work as a developer using Microsoft technologies... however I have seen the light and power of the alternate universe...
    have you tried kubuntu with kde 4.1 ? or are you a gnome :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Forced to use PC laptop for work (IBM Lenovo) and I pretty much hate it.

Mac! All the way. It's the computer choice for people who are innovative, cool, and wicked smart. :D :D (No uproars now, it's a bit of a jest, eh).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    OOOOOH Tink, I bet we have very similar work laptops I have Lenovo as well...AND when we switch to Macs in the classroom next year, I'll get a mac air for the teaching side of my job, but I'll have to haul around the Lenovo still for the admin side of my job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 61990
    OOOOOH Tink, I bet we have very similar work laptops I have Lenovo as well...AND when we switch to Macs in the classroom next year, I'll get a mac air for the teaching side of my job, but I'll have to haul around the Lenovo still for the admin side of my job!
    I actually like the lenovos so there :gy: the T61 and/or the X300 are both nice units

You really shouldnt need to carry around a pc with a mac though! the mac comes with "pc" built in basically now ;-) so you can boot to either mac or windows with the same unit OR even run the admin apps you need seemlessly in the mac environment with one of the special products (vmware fusion 2 or parallels for mac)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 61995
    I actually like the lenovos so there :gy: the T61 and/or the X300 are both nice units

You really shouldnt need to carry around a pc with a mac though! the mac comes with "pc" built in basically now ;-) so you can boot to either mac or windows with the same unit OR even run the admin apps you need seemlessly in the mac environment with one of the special products (vmware fusion 2 or parallels for mac)
    I have the R61, and I don't mind it...it's bright and shiny and new and is very quick on the job.

I'll enjoy having the mac for the all the graphics based lessons we do in the classroom though

And unfortunately I will indeed have to carry both lappies around...not from a TEKNIKAL standpoint, but from a security one. I have information on my admin laptop that, for security reasons, I can't keep on the Mac (because in theory, it won't *always* be in a secure location :rolleyes008: ).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 61491
    We're having this very discussion at work right now as well...our department has decided to buy new computers for the classrooms at the end of the term and we've decided to go with Mac's...the teachers are up in arms over it because they are all pc users...

Works out nicely for me though Work has designated me as "liaison" for the transition and are sending me to New York City in December for a conference :D NYC at Christmastime? Yes, please.
    And on OPM (other people's money) makes it even better!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast