Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: are you mac or pc?

Post Thanks / Like
    INDEED!!!! That may be the very best part!

(Wonder if I can work in a shopping spree at Macy's as a business expense? )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 61998
    And unfortunately I will indeed have to carry both lappies around...not from a TEKNIKAL standpoint, but from a security one. I have information on my admin laptop that, for security reasons, I can't keep on the Mac (because in theory, it won't *always* be in a secure location :rolleyes008: ).
    argh sure :( I was thinking maybe they were using remote access to a server rather than data on the actual laptop.

ah well in any case at least you'll have a mega cool mac as well :D
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Indeed!!! I'll be THRILLED!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the T61 and would totally made up if you would tell me WHAT SO FLIPPIN GREAT about the thing?

Everyone (well, lots of people anyway) get gooley eyed and ooooh and ahh when they see or find out that I have the T61 but NO ONE will tell me what's so great about it!!!

SO! PLEASE!!! Enlighten me!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    *grin* But I don't *have* the T, I have the R :)

Um. It's quiet. It fits nicely in my backpack. The print scan is pretty cool (not useful mind you, but cool ) And, well, erm, um....it was free?

That's what I've got so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ummm, sorry. That request was directed at Keith.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 62363
    I have the T61 and would totally made up if you would tell me WHAT SO FLIPPIN GREAT about the thing?

Everyone (well, lots of people anyway) get gooley eyed and ooooh and ahh when they see or find out that I have the T61 but NO ONE will tell me what's so great about it!!!

SO! PLEASE!!! Enlighten me!
    Well :) I don't think I'm going to say anything that'll persuade you it's as good as a macbook pro but as far as pc laptops go... it's relatively thin. It has probably the best keyboard that's ever been on a laptop. The construction of the thing is designed to last and not fall apart like some lesser laptops and it has a really nice screen.

Unfortunately, they still stuck windows on it which naturally makes it as frustrating as every other windows machine but still, the underlying machine is pretty good as pc laptops go

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, well then. Yes, I agree with the construction comments. The screen and keyboard are really great. Performance is as frustrating as Windows can be. :sigh;

Thanks for the comments!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know I paid (well not *I*, but I asked the school) extra to have the system DOWNGRADED from Vista to XP...because I was so adamant about not using Vista.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 62463
    Ah, well then. Yes, I agree with the construction comments. The screen and keyboard are really great. Performance is as frustrating as Windows can be. :sigh;
    The macbook pro is still a hundred times better in well, every way to be honest. (as I guess you'd expect)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast