Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52

Thread: are you mac or pc?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is a huge fight in our house

    I want to go mac for our new computer DH wants to stickwith what he knows :rolleyes008:

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Grand Junction, Co
    Posts
    2,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    stick with what he knows....what was his very first computer? Im sure it wasnt a PC....he had to change from that....how about this...since he likes what he knows he can keep the OLD computer and you go out and get what you want...the old computer has Windows XP and you cant get that anymore...he would have to get Vista...and he likes to keep with what he knows....riiiiight?

    And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!



  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    868
    Post Thanks / Like
    pyschoalice I love your reasoning

    we're getting mac next time because Ill just go out and buy it



  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like
    mac and never looked back theyre much nicer to look at to use and they dont have problems like the others do

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoAlice, post: 61306
    stick with what he knows....what was his very first computer? Im sure it wasnt a PC....he had to change from that....how about this...since he likes what he knows he can keep the OLD computer and you go out and get what you want...the old computer has Windows XP and you cant get that anymore...he would have to get Vista...and he likes to keep with what he knows....riiiiight?
    sorry girlie, you can still get XP, on laptops only tho that ive seen :)

    i have PC's coming out of my ears but want a macbook as well :D
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    5,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mac here and love it.





  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Grand Junction, Co
    Posts
    2,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymom, post: 61323
    pyschoalice I love your reasoning

    we're getting mac next time because Ill just go out and buy it
    And this dear friends is the reason I am not married...

    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 61340
    sorry girlie, you can still get XP, on laptops only tho that ive seen :)

    i have PC's coming out of my ears but want a macbook as well :D

    Can it...there will be no more lip from you today....:tongue0011-1:

    And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!



  8. #8
    Senior Member Watchinherskip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia USA
    Posts
    3,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    School supplies us with PC laptops - so looks like that is what we will use. My DD is off to school next year and I think we will get her a Mac. She is now very interested in a degree in art...principally photography and I think that would be better suited for her.










  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    2,940
    Post Thanks / Like
    PC.

    Most business software isn't available in Mac versions--or it's horrendously expensive.

    I haven't used a Mac since it's early days, but the operating system was superior to DOS with the Windows overlay that was available at the time. That tells you how long it's been!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dvcjane, post: 61303
    this is a huge fight in our house

    I want to go mac for our new computer DH wants to stickwith what he knows :rolleyes008:
    Go mac! Go mac! You can always have bootcamp or paralells so that he can have windows when he needs it!

    Macs are just so much nicer, everything is simplistic and they really think like a human. Plus there are no horrible silly error codes or crashing!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •