Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Friday

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s not the 13th is it?
    What a day I`ve had so far. :mad:
    Started off mowing the grass verge outside our house and it`s freezing cold, then my DW tells me that the knob on top of the electric kettle had snapped off.
    Stop mowing, go into shed to carry out repair.
    Feeling rather proud of myself, I then decided to mow the paddock next to our house. Almost finished, stop the mower to chat with a mate who had come into the field to test out his new air rifle.
    Come to start mower and the battery is now as flat as a pancake.
    Ring the "mower man", no answer.
    So now my ride on mower is stuck in the middle of the paddock where it may have to remain until it`s fixed as it`s too darn heavy to push back to the house.:mad:
    Things can only get better....can`t they?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they can only get better. Clearly, you have to stop all that working and do something FUN!

I'm heading to an ALF in a little bit, here in chilly NC. Although temps are a bit high for the time of year (69 degrees this morning) they are cool to this Florida dweller.

I am going home tonight after work. Nice. My travel for next week has had to be canceled due to an family emergency (on their part, not mine) so I may actually be able to be home each night.

I'm continuing to lose. :D Sometimes it's not so bad being a loser. :D

Not sure what is up for the weekend. Probably housework and catching up on all the things that need to be done, that don't get done while I'm away.

My AP has expired :( and I'm not renewing it right now so no WDW this weekend. :sigh;

So! Nothing new here.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Jordan's all excited for tonight...it's Trunk or Treat at his school. Since his school no longer allows Halloween parties during school hours (only *Harvest Parties*) they've started doing this event at night. Everyone brings their car and opens up their trunk...many do elaborate decorating...and the kids go from car to car getting treats. The theory is that it is much safer, especially for the smaller kids...no traffic to worry about and safe treats. Jordan just loves that he gets to wear his costume at least twice.

He's going as a Jedi this year and I must say, we've put together a pretty awesome costume...will post a picture later!

"Always take a banana to a party." :banana1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Me and the dog had a lovely walk on the beach this morning. Crisp autumn air and a perfect blue sky. :D

Now I'm wearing my new hat and eating a pork pie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Figment, post: 61916
    Jordan's all excited for tonight...it's Trunk or Treat at his school. Since his school no longer allows Halloween parties during school hours (only *Harvest Parties*) they've started doing this event at night. Everyone brings their car and opens up their trunk...many do elaborate decorating...and the kids go from car to car getting treats. The theory is that it is much safer, especially for the smaller kids...no traffic to worry about and safe treats. Jordan just loves that he gets to wear his costume at least twice.

He's going as a Jedi this year and I must say, we've put together a pretty awesome costume...will post a picture later!
    :shocked025:Soo that's what that is...I saw signs for one locally. Now I get it! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Dh has been home all week, so I guess I didn't really realize it was Friday. I like that. Right now I am working on Katelyn's birthday party invites until it is warm enough outside to hack down the overgrown bushes out in front of our house. I hate them and they are going to die :p015: Other than that more boxes and hopefully an end in sight to getting things settled.

Oh and in other news we bought a rainbow cleaning system last night. I'm not quite sure how it happened, but I do love it. I think I had one of those black out moments

Post Thanks / Like
    We do Trunk or Treat here too!!

Heading down to the D.C. area this weekend to enjoy lobstah and shrimp and LOADS of good company...

We'll leave early in the morning tomorrow and drive down (about five hours depending on traffic)...got a killer deal on Priceline for a hotel on Saturday night...50 dollars for a 4* hotel is never a bad deal :D

Going to get up early on Sunday and see a bit of DC before heading home...

VERY EXCITED that the new camera I want is coming out today!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I should be painting but I'm here instead. :D
    The sun is shining but it's cold. The cats complained so I relented and put the heating on. :)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Further to my earlier post, to cap it all we`ve just had a power cut when I was part way through writing my next trip report instalment and now I have to start all over again! :mad:

Post Thanks / Like
    OOOOOOOOOOOH Terry!!! Really? Perhaps you should just go back to bed and pull the covers over your heard before you get hurt?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast