Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A shared experience

Post Thanks / Like
    After reading Skywatcher's post about Lavenderlanb and remembering the events and reliving the emotions again, I began to think back to our shared experiences, in this forum and others. How peculiar and how wonderful it it to have an opportunity to get a bit of insight into the lives of people we really haven't met (well I haven't met any of you yet, almost, but haven't been able to - glad that many have had that opportunity). I went back to a familiar place to recall some of the events. I visited a place I haven't been to in a while. I did a search to see if some of those contacts or friends were still about. Yes some were there, some of us are there. I went back to see old posts. I went back to remember the way I felt at the passing of my dad back in 2007, and the support that that community, that many of this community gave. It is sort of like a history, a journal of what was happening, on a given day, and its effect on me.

Where am I going with this? I just wanted to say how interesting a time we share, that we have this ability to become connected over space and time in this format.

Heres to sharing our lives.
    Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    The learning we do about it each other, the subsequent sharing of our lives is a unique social circumstance to the age, isn't it?

I consider many folks that I've come to know through this forum dear and fast friends. What touches me the most, I think is how freely we seem to give of ourselves in many ways. We reach out to one another. We lean on one another. We comfort. We grieve. We worry. We laugh, even love.

It is a chronicle of aspects of our lives, these boards; boards in general.

I remember when you lost your Da.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 62166
    Where am I going with this? I just wanted to say how interesting a time we share, that we have this ability to become connected over space and time in this format.
    Heres to sharing our lives.
    Well put.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I've met some wonderful people through forums and I too have some friends now that I wouldn't have ever met if not for our shared love of Disney.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been through some HORRIBLE times myself over the years...and if it hadnt been for friends that I met because of our love for Disney I would be an alcoholic....

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    It is lovely to be able to share with you and i consider you all my friends
    Jacqui xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Sarah. Do not sell yourself short, beauty. You kept yourself out of some serious stuff because of your determination and personal strength. Can friends help with that, of course. But it took you to DO it.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    True Tink...but iI know what she means. Just because you are strong enough to do things on your own doesn't mean you can do it alone. We are human beings and as such we need each other. It is a truly blessed thing that we all have each other. I thank God everyday for my family and friends...both met and not yet seen :)
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I completely understand what Sarah is saying. However, regardless of the wonderful support of friends, the person must be the one to do the "work." All the support in the world can't "make" someone do something that s/he doesn't believe (or want) s/he can do. That's what I'm saying. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Nicely put Dan, so sorry to hear about your Dad , I too became very emotional reading peoples commments on here about Lavendarlamb - wasn't sure if I'd get any replies TBH. I too consider you all to be good solid friends and have shared more with you all here than many of my friends in real life. I missed you all terribly when I wasn't around you for a while and only realise how much now that we are all back together again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast